Well, this is another story about how my Blackberry came to the rescue...but definitely not the usual kind

Someone had been sending very threatening texts to my brother (28 yrs old) saying they will find him kick his *ss and so forth. Well he gave me the number told me to call and see if I can figure out who it was. Well they didn't pick up when I called, yet they immediately text my brother "Joel?" In other words showing that they knew my number. We both still had no idea who it was.

So I bust out the handy dandy Blackberry and google the number and after a bit of research I come up with a local Plastering business not too far away...but this still doesn't mean much besides they are definitely local. It's pretty obvious its a small business that uses their personal mobile number for business as well.

So I and make a couple calls, first to AT&T inputted the number in the automated machine "No record"...ok
    so then I tried T-Mobile Success!!! I followed the instructions till I was able to speak to a rep. Well, I went on to say that I had been receiving NUMBEROUS letters regarding this number and I was sure that someone is using some sort of my information associated with this line and that I had already filed with a few Credit companies and The Social Security company regarding identity theft. After a few minutes of me telling him my name is "Frank Gomez" and me saying you can never be too sure now adays about identity theft and I just wanted to call so I have some sort of lead on how to approach this he actually just gives up the name!!! I was still waiting to butter up more before i ask, but no he just gives it up! haha great!

So now I have the name...so of course back to Google. Come to find out, there has actually been a short article on this person in the county newspaper titled "Saturday, at ****** Beach, <NAME> drags a Xmas tree" (changed and reworded for Google search security purposes). and better yet WITH A PHOTO!!!!!

I send the pic to my bro immediately (did i mention he has a curve too?) Well while it's sending I realized this is an older lady and it becomes real clear who this looks like...Mom and daughter look EXACTLY the same. I call him quick to let him know who it is. Apparently the person harrassing my brother has a phone under their mother's name. Knowing who this is, it became real apparent this is a collaberation with her and her boyfriend (which is most likely the same guy who knew my bro) to harras/plan attack on my brother. This way all appropriate measures can be done to keep my brother's safety.

In short, this chick is crazy and wanted my brother but he dated her best friend at the time. She was jealous and egged her car, started all trouble u can imagine, broken windows, dents in car...she's just really freakin crazy.

It was one thing to pull the T-Mobile get and get a name, well still didn't make sense cause last names were different, but still I got a name!!! the picture was just over the top...I feel like I should be in the FBI or something. All thanks to Mr. BB

That was freakin sweet.

<--FYI for the dumb*sses: no point in explaing the immorality of the scam on T-Mobile and AT&T, it was for a better cause-->
    Last edited by iamjoel5; 07-15-08 at 08:01 PM.
    07-15-08 07:13 PM
    Ok, that is a great story! Nice save by your BB indeed! Gotta love em...
    07-15-08 07:28 PM
    Smh at the people in this world! Luckily you found it who it was! Great job!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 07:40 PM
    Well, this is another story about how my Blackberry came to the rescue...but definitely not the usual kind
    The CIA is calling. They need you dude. Time to fill out that job application!

https://www.cia.gov/
    07-15-08 07:41 PM
    Haha, oh one can dream...
    07-15-08 07:43 PM
    I need a story like that. My BB has not saved me just yet.
    07-15-08 07:45 PM
    Great story. BB always come handy in situations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 07:47 PM
    Wow lol. Drama! Way to use the bb!
    07-15-08 07:49 PM
    Wow lol. Drama! ...
    That's an understatment...
    07-15-08 08:12 PM
    great story!!
    07-15-08 09:04 PM
    Awesome story!!! Love my phone
    07-15-08 09:06 PM
    I need a story like that. My BB has not saved me just yet.
    maybe the more stories u read the more inginuity you receive when the time comes to elaborate and further excite the events as theyre happening!

then you can come back with a super sweet story
    hopefully..ya?
    07-16-08 01:02 PM
    Wow! Way to help out your brother. That's some nice detective work. It's scary that T-Mo just gave up the name so easily but I'm glad you got it in your case.
    07-16-08 01:05 PM
    Wow! Way to help out your brother. That's some nice detective work. It's scary that T-Mo just gave up the name so easily but I'm glad you got it in your case.
    Ya but he thought he was just trying to help...but true. If I was out for malicious intent, that could be a very bad situation in many ways
    07-16-08 01:13 PM
    Great story and glad that you got to the bottom of it.

I am cooking up a story as we speak but will not publish it (post it) until the summer is over. Summary: kids playing ball outside of my window= if they damage my AC, I'm suing their parents. All being recorded and photographed by my BlackBerry....lets see what happens.
    07-16-08 01:15 PM
    Great story and glad that you got to the bottom of it.

I am cooking up a story as we speak but will not publish it (post it) until the summer is over. Summary: kids playing ball outside of my window= if they damage my AC, I'm suing their parents. All being recorded and photographed by my BlackBerry....lets see what happens.
    oo, if you're going to do pre-date setup and get us all anticipate...better make it extra spicey!
    07-16-08 01:29 PM
    oo, if you're going to do pre-date setup and get us all anticipate...better make it extra spicey!
    It will be spicy if they keep disturbing my naps with that sound (the ball hitting the pavement), I'm stepping out of the house and recording as I say "could you please play ball elsewhere", also pictures on my BB and digital Camera. Its all a matter of them stopping or keeping it up.

It basically comes down to their persistence. And the end date would be the end of the summer because no one wants to play ball when its cold or raining outside. I just moved into a 1st floor apartment and I will be that "neighbor from h e l l " because these kids do not know about courtesy, respect and consideration.
    07-16-08 01:35 PM
    WHOA I cant believe they just gave the name and didnt verify or anything LOL good for you! Im glad you got to the bottom of it
    07-16-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";