Ok....I have the curve and was wondering what are the must have software for the BB? I'm slowly seeing why people are addicted to these things. I think once I figure everything out...I'll be there too.

So....was are the must haves?

thanks
    matt
    09-19-07 11:39 PM
    I have only Google Talk of extra programs installed...
    09-20-07 03:30 AM
    I have Yahoo and had a few games but deleted those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-07 05:48 AM
    Viigo for RSS feeds and BBSmart for e-mail. Some like Opera's browser but I never really cared for it.

09-20-07 03:46 PM
    I have to agree with BBSmart for EMail. The best thing about it is that you can try it before you buy it.

I have JiveTalk for IMs (Yahoo, Aim, GoogleTalk, MSN, ICQ, Jabber, and others, I think?)

I haven't put anything else on my berries yet.
    09-20-07 05:18 PM
    BBsmart for sure and I couldn't live without JiveTalk. I have Opera too for the days the BB browser ticks me off. FreeRange for RSS too.
    09-21-07 09:56 AM
    thanks all...I've downloaded the trial of BBSmart....cool program!
    09-25-07 04:45 PM
    Definitely BBSmart, otherwise reading your e-mails isn't fun.
    Not much for the rest. Miss the amount of programs there are for the Treo, so many and cheap/free.
    09-25-07 06:16 PM
    Just like the OP, I want to know what are the veterans favorites "best of the best" or must-have programs. Here's what I'm thinking about but would love to hear opinions on whether there's something better out for these purposes:

Email: BBSmart
    Browser: Mini-Opera Beta
    MS Office: Documents2Go (whenever it comes out)
    Games: Lines, DooM for Java
    Sports: ??? (what gives European soccer score updates quickly?)
    Weather: ??? (is it needed and if so what's good?)

Anything else I should have? Anything I should know about those programs? Anything better out there? Thanks in advance.
    09-25-07 06:28 PM
    Is BBSmart supposed to take a few seconds to get all images for the email?

09-26-07 06:05 PM
    Hey,
    I've downloaded mini O beta V4, and it is not working on my BB C 8320. Don't know that answer, but think that it is suppose to be an internet setting issue or browser issue for the app. BB's default browser works just fine, but would like to try, OM4. Any ideas what it could be, suggestions?
    Angel
    10-07-07 12:50 AM
    Hey,
    I've downloaded mini O beta V4, and it is not working on my BB C 8320. Don't know that answer, but think that it is suppose to be an internet setting issue or browser issue for the app. BB's default browser works just fine, but would like to try, OM4. Any ideas what it could be, suggestions?
    Angel
    check your APN Settings. set it to either wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com leave the other two fields blank. i also have an 8320 and i couldnt get it to work. Others here have.
    10-07-07 03:46 AM
    Hey,
    Are the APN settings under Options? Found settings for them and typed in the settings suggested, but also, there weren't 2 other options as suggested, only one other. It is for a password. Tell me where are the settings for this app?
    Angel
    10-07-07 02:48 PM
    BBSmart
    Jivetalk
    Google Maps
    InfoSpace Find it
    Google talk for when I don't feel like using Jivetalk
    Pocket Express for news/weather/sports scores/etc.
    10-07-07 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD