I have an 8330. I ripped CD music using the import function of the Roxio Media Manager included with the Desktop Manager s/w. I then used Media Manager access to drag and drop my imported music from my PC to the 8330. Now, when I play music in shuffle mode, at the start of each song, I get an annoying "click". I makes a noise like you might get if plugging in a headset for the first time, or maybe turning on the headset jack. Any idea what may be causing this?
    04-08-09 09:05 AM
    Was there anything along the way that said something like 1 second or 2 second delay between songs? I used to have this on my iriver mp3 player. You could tell it to leave 2 seconds before playing a new song, then it would have this wierd static noise inbetween every song.
    04-08-09 12:58 PM
    I have an 8900 and see the same thing. It is the DJ switching the records.

Boomo
    04-08-09 02:01 PM
    I tried using Windows Media to rip a few songs a second time. Saved in Windows WMA format vs MP3. Used WMA sync tool. Same problem. Loud crack or click at the start of every song and everytime I pause and restart the song. So it definitely seems something wrong with the music player or the hardware itself. And it is only with the headphones. You can acutally see the Click/Crack in the volume bar each time you pause and restart the song. I am going to try and use the BBerry supllied headset and see if it makes any difference. Maybe it is detecting no mic on headphones and is "turning" the mic path off causing the click.
    04-08-09 06:30 PM
    Maybe... Or maybe it's something the device is doing itself. Aren't there other media players you can download? Try one of those if all else fails... Good luck.
    04-08-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD