does anyone use their blackberry for music instead of their mp3 player or ipod? also if you do, do you use the default music player or did you install another one (flipside?)?

thanks
    01-06-08 04:02 PM
    I massively use music on mine, I don't have flipside though
    01-06-08 04:53 PM
    I use BB for music when I get the time to listen to music. I use the default player.
    01-06-08 04:56 PM
    I use my Curve for music every day. I have a 2GB card in it. Once the new OS comes out I'll get the largest possible. No ipod or anything else for me... I just update the songs I want to hear when I plug it into the laptop to charge at night.
    01-06-08 04:56 PM
    same, my current playlist (for work) is: Ace Frehley: Frehley's comet
    Skid Row: Slave to the grind
    Immortal Technique: Revolutionary 1
    Choking Victim: Crack Rock Steady
    Municipal Waste: Hazardous Mutation

thats gonna be the playlist for work tommorrow anyway
    01-06-08 05:00 PM
    thanks for the responses. i use mine as a mp3 player too.
    01-06-08 07:40 PM
    I use the default, but Flipside looks gorgeous!
    01-06-08 07:49 PM
    I use the media player,i use flipside,if you have not tried it out,download the trial,youll love it
    01-06-08 07:57 PM
    i've tried flipside and its really nice. but i need the search feature and flipside doesnt have that. also i dont feel like paying $20 for something my phone already does. but regardless flipside does look beautiful.
    01-06-08 08:05 PM
    I use my bb as my media player as we'll!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-08 09:13 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to set up playlists with the default software?
    01-08-08 10:20 PM
    +1 for flipside as well
    01-08-08 10:30 PM
    Flipside is nice from a GUI standpoint, but it's lack of support for streaming audio doesn't justify for the price tag IMHO. The trial was nice, but I can do without fancy cover art or artist bios.

On a related note, for streaming I am now using Dollars5's mediaPlayer. You must install via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software as the OTA gives error, but it's worth it! I had tried RadioBee, MFRadio, mWebPlayer/WebPlayerMidlet and their all fail in comparison. The adjustable buffer of Dollars5's mediaPlayer is what makes it I think (FAR fewer hiccups than the incumbents). MFRadio was effectively simple, but without an adjustable buffer the lag was too much to bear. FWIW I am using T-Mobiles EDGE which really isn't cut out for streaming much of anything...
    01-09-08 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD