I just got my mini SD card for my 8330...8 GB.....I transfered a bunnch of songs & pix to the card. I can see the majority of the music files thru the media player on the BB but there are cetain songs I cant see. I put the media card back in my pc to make sure the files transfered properly and they are on the card. Any ideas as to why I cant see alll the songs on the card with the bb media player and how do I fix this?

Thanks
    05-26-08 10:12 PM
    Correct file type?
    05-26-08 10:16 PM
    Yes, 8GB SD cards are not supported until OS 4.5.
    05-26-08 10:23 PM
    8 GB are supported on OS 4.3. Are you sure they're not protected songs. I know there's been a problem with iTunes songs being used on anything but an iPod.
    05-26-08 10:25 PM
    8 GB are supported on OS 4.3. Are you sure they're not protected songs. I know there's been a problem with iTunes songs being used on anything but an iPod.
    i thought that could be the problem but some of the songs downloaded from itunes are visible and some aren't. Any way to unprotect those songs?
    05-26-08 10:40 PM
    Is it possible some of your itunes songs are the DRM-free ones they started offering last year? which could explain why some show up and some don't, or perhaps you are only seeing songs imported from CDs and not purchased through itunes.

Just throwing some options of what could be the prob.

edit... oh yeah, i don't use itunes much, but is the burn to cd option still there? probably the only way to "remove" the DRM, by burning then re-encoding yourself.
    Last edited by SilverSurfR; 05-26-08 at 10:56 PM.
    05-26-08 10:54 PM
    Also, are you sure that your MP3 tags are all in order. I believe mp3 files are shown generally based on the information contained in their tags.
    05-26-08 11:19 PM
    I checked the file tags and here is the scoop:

The CD's That I origianlly ripped and the itunes files that are APPEARING in the BB media player are .m4a files. The files that are on the card that the media player doesn't show are .m4p files.

Whats the difference and is there away to either adjust the BB media player setting to recognize the .m4p file? If not, is there a way to convert the .m4p file to .m4a format?

If niether of these are doable what other options do I have?
    05-27-08 08:07 AM
    i thought that could be the problem but some of the songs downloaded from itunes are visible and some aren't. Any way to unprotect those songs?
    The only way I know to unprotect songs from iTunes is to burn an audio CD, then rip the songs back to the computer in mp3 format.
    05-27-08 08:13 AM
    Do I need to take them off the SD card and then put them back on in the new format?
    05-27-08 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD