Hello,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I was wondering if it was possible to upload music from my computer to my phone? If so can some PLEASE tell me how. I see that there is a music folder in the media icon but I can't figure it out. HELP!!!

Angela
    04-23-09 02:31 PM
    Do you have a memory card in your BB? If you do, then the best place to put your music is on your memory card so your device memory is saved for running applications.
    04-23-09 02:33 PM
    You can do it with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and having a micro sd card. You can basically drag and drop music from that point on.
    04-23-09 02:34 PM
    You can do it without Desktop Manager and Roxio Media Manager using Mass Storage Mode.
    04-23-09 02:47 PM
    Yes I have a memory card...Can you please give me the steps on how to upload the music through the BB desktop manager...I would be greatful...I have been trying to figure it out on my own but no such luck.
    04-23-09 02:53 PM
    Great. Go to Options > Media Card. Enable Mass Storage Mode, set to Prompt when connected. Save.

Connect your BB to the computer with the USB cable, answer Yes to the pop-up prompt on your BB. Open a file explorer window. Your BB will appear on your computer as a removable flash drive.

Navigate to the Blackberry/Music folder on the removable drive. Copy or move your mp3 files to this folder.
    04-23-09 02:57 PM
    Does this only work with MP3 files? What about songs purchased through iTunes??
    04-23-09 03:41 PM
    BB's dont work with DRM files (iTunes bought). So to answer your question, no songs purchased through iTunes won't work on your BB.
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    You can put just about anything on your BlackBerry media card. I use mine for music files, pictures, videos, document files, and for storage. My BlackBerry has replaced my usb jump drive. If the BlackBerry player does not play the iTunes file because the file has protection enabled on it, uou will have to use a software that will remove the protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:26 PM
    Is is legal to ask for suggestions for the software that will remove the protection??
    04-23-09 04:50 PM
    Not it isn't. You will need to search for those solutions on your own.

Burning the songs from iTunes to an audio (not data) CD is supported within the iTunes software.
    04-23-09 05:23 PM
    I got through the first 2 steps but I am stumped at the next one...
    04-24-09 10:24 AM
    If you have your berry plugged into your computer enable mass storage mode. Once you do that the computer will recognize it as another removable disk (just like a flash drive for instance). Then you just simply drag and drop the music files into the folder on your media card like rider suggested.
    04-24-09 10:28 AM
    Great.

Step 1: Go to Options > Media Card. Enable Mass Storage Mode, set to Prompt when connected. Save.

Step 2: Connect your BB to the computer with the USB cable, answer Yes to the pop-up prompt on your BB.

Step 3: Open a file explorer window. Your BB will appear on your computer as a removable flash drive.

Navigate to the Blackberry/Music folder on the removable drive. Copy or move your mp3 files to this folder.
    I got through the first 2 steps but I am stumped at the next one...
    I have edited xliderider's reply to help us sort this out.

You have completed 1&2, does it Autostart when connected?

If not, Windows / Computer. Select the highest drive letter in the list. That should workaround Step 3.
    04-24-09 11:33 AM
    Do you see folders called my_flix, my_sounds, my_pix and my_music? If so, just drag your music into the my_music folder and you should be fine, if not, take a screenshot of what it looks like on your PC after you connect the BB and open up the folder and then maybe I can help you some more

04-24-09 01:37 PM
    I beleive iTunes has started putting out non-DRM music, and has options for removing DRM (legally) from iTunes purchased music (for a small fee per song). But, if the song has DRM on it, it won't play on the BB. DRM-free music should be fine.
    04-24-09 02:29 PM
    Do you see folders called my_flix, my_sounds, my_pix and my_music? If so, just drag your music into the my_music folder and you should be fine, if not, take a screenshot of what it looks like on your PC after you connect the BB and open up the folder and then maybe I can help you some more

Rock, this file structure is for other Verizon phones, not the BB file structure.

If you have these folders on your media card, it is because they were created by another Verizon phone the card had been in previously.
    04-24-09 05:14 PM
    Is is legal to ask for suggestions for the software that will remove the protection??
    Not it isn't. You will need to search for those solutions on your own.
    Yes, this is legal to talk about. There is actually a thread about it in the storm tips, how to and FAQ subforum but it can be used for any BB. The app that is suggested is the same one that I use, Tunebite.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-pics-118585/

04-24-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD