I am a consultant and my company uses Exchange and BES. I am currently setup for wireless sync of email, cal, address book, etc for this Exchange account. I've only been using BB for about 2 months now, so I'm not a newbie but not far off either.

My current client uses Lotus Notes and I am required to use their PCs. I wish to only sync one way the calendar entries from LN to my BB...nothing else. I do not need the ability to edit these entries on my BB (or if I do, do not care if they are synced back to LN). I intend to just perform a quick sync before I leave the client for the day, so I have the calendar entries available to me at home for reference...I have no desire to reschedule, edit, etc these LN cal entries.

My question is, is this possible? I attempted to setup Desktop Manager on my client PC and setup LN Cal one way sync, however it told me my device was setup for wireless sync and that I had to turn it off. I'm not sure I want to turn off wireless sync on my BB...

I have searched the forums but have not found anyone with the exact situation as mine, but surely someone else has had this issue in the past. Is there some other way I can do this? I'm not that proficient with LN, so I'm not completely familiar with all my options (ie, can I push to a Google Cal and then use some sort of Google Sync with BB, etc).

Do any of you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance.
    08-27-08 09:28 AM
    BigEHokie
    This might be too late but when you're in your BB calendar, go into options and select desktop and open that up. You can set wireless sync to No. Then you can use the usb cable to setup a one way sync to your BB from LN. When you are done, set the wireless sync back to Yes.
    Last edited by gizmoguy; 09-03-08 at 12:23 PM.
    09-03-08 12:19 PM
    I have not tried that yet. I knew I could turn off wireless sync but didn't want to every time I went to sync (once a day at the end of the day). I'm assuming that once I turn wireless sync back on, my exchange server will be updated with these new entries?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 01:50 PM
    Gizmoguy!
    thank you for that, I posted something similar to this when I first came but not as well worded as BigEHokie,

I can now sync with my Google Cal and My Lotus Notes Cal
    09-10-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD