I noticed a few of your crackheads have more than just one. Some for personal and some for work. I use mine for both. Is that not an option? or does one BB do something that the other doesn't? I would like to keep a seperate phone cell number one for work and one for personal use, but I would think a plane cell phone would be the way to go. I look forward to hear from all of you.
    05-04-08 06:25 PM
    I have 2 but I use one for personal and the other for my business. Especially since ATT was just giving away the refurbs. Now I have a seperate voicemail for both. I think some people actually just swap phones around every couple days.
    05-04-08 06:36 PM
    I have a berry as my personal phone that I have managed to add work related things to (email, calendar, etc) I keep a separate phone for work which is a flip Samsung. I do this so that i can keep up with things work related at my convenience, and not have it ringing constantly as only special people have that number!

I do however usually forward work calls to berry so that I do not have to carry two phones. Just be sure to MAKE calls from flip while it is accessible
    Last edited by lesmchl1; 05-04-08 at 06:47 PM.
    05-04-08 06:37 PM
    Well, I only have the 8830 that officially belongs to my business, but I plan to get a Curve whenever Sprint gets off the cork and releases it. That will replace my soon to be out-of-contract Moto Razr as my personal phone. In my case I really do need a separate dedicated line, so... as lame as that reason may be... it's all I got. Two numbers on one BB would be too hip, though.
    05-04-08 06:44 PM
    I have my Pearl as my dedicated phone for work.

I then use my 8320 or 8310 for personal. I've even fired up the old 8700c and soon the 7290 for fun.

I can type emails faster on my Pearl as SureType is a lot easier for me.

For media/web surfing, the Curve is more convenient with the larger screen and QWERTY keyboard for more shortcuts.
    05-04-08 08:39 PM
    I carry 2 phones but only 1 BB and it is my main phone. The other is just for when I'm out doing stuff and don't want anyone from work to be able to contact me. It'll be a Samsung Instinct soon, mostly for nights at the bar, and days on the golf course. My second number only is given to a small select group of people too.
    05-04-08 09:03 PM
    The more the merrier!!
    05-04-08 09:04 PM
    If for example you loved the Curve or Pearl and you needed WiFi most of the time but sometimes (maybe 3 days a week) you need SatNav, you could either get an 8820 which isn't your beloved Curve or Pearl, or get a xx10 for your SatNav days and xx20 for the WiFi week.

Or you worked in a government building that didn't allow cameras; you may need a Curve for your personal life and an 88xx for taking to work.

Lotsa reasons.

I may get a Curve for some days... depends if I can get a faulty on eBay and reload the OS, you know; the simple fixer-uppers.
    05-05-08 02:50 AM
    Thanks for all the info I received. I just ordered the Curve from VZW and should get that today or tomorrow, but I also have a Samsung (about a year or two old) that I am going to setup a second line for to use it when I am out and about. Having the ability to check work email away is great but somethimes I need take a break.
    05-06-08 09:47 AM
    I use two different BB's, one for work (7100i) and one for personal (Curve). I would gladly go back to using one phone if I could use the Curve for both work and play, but we use Nextel for work so I'm stuck with the old brick. Don't get me wrong, it works very well, it just doesn't have any extra features that I like on a personal phone (media player if only for personalized ringtones, camera, plus I prefer the qwerty keyboard). Then again, even if I did get it down to one phone, I'd still probably have a couple extra's to switch when I'm bored (I'd kind of like an 8820 to try it out, and I had a Pearl and like the small size and if I had the money would get a spare...though more so it'll be the new batch of BB's coming out that will probably tempt me too much)
    05-06-08 01:15 PM
    i use my pearl for my work and personal phone... BUT i was kinda thinking of getting a second berry strictly for work. sometimes i just wanna leave my phone behind like for when we lay by the pool or somethin ya know, but i cant because its also for work and.. well.. duty calls. so at least then id have the option to only bring my work phone and be left alone by everyone for a bit! well, except maybe my boss....
    05-06-08 02:38 PM
    I too have a gov issued Nextel, however they only supply the IT Dept with BB's. Just bought me an i880 to ditch the now 2yr old bulky i355.

My 8310 also accompanies me daily for GPS, multimedia and etc. I keep the 8320 as a backup and occassionally use the wifi. I'm now thinking about parting with the 8320.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 03:09 PM
    i use my pearl for my work and personal phone... BUT i was kinda thinking of getting a second berry strictly for work. sometimes i just wanna leave my phone behind like for when we lay by the pool or somethin ya know, but i cant because its also for work and.. well.. duty calls. so at least then id have the option to only bring my work phone and be left alone by everyone for a bit! well, except maybe my boss....
    I can understand. I do like customers to be able to get a hold of me, but come on 7:30 on a Saturday morning is a bit much, plus I like to have Sunday's for myself and family time. Whatever you need can wait until Monday. The markets are even open on the weekends

Anyway who currently has the cheapest phone plan out there? I don't feel I should pay an extra $50 a month to VZW for a second line. Thanks
    05-06-08 07:25 PM
    I've always carried 2 phones, 1 personal and 1 company, for the past 15 years. I want to separate work vs personal calls, voicemail, usage, data, etc etc. Work has been a BB (for last 6 years), and had a Treo as a personal phone. Got the Treo because I was carrying a WM PDA and a personal cellphone and wanted to consolidate. Finally got so fed up with the WM crashes, lock-ups, terrible bluetooth connection (or lack of connection when it most counted), and I have been so completely satisfied with BB's I had for work, I finally just figured why not make my personal phone the best there is as well -- a BB -- and get something that works !! I def want a PDA for personal, and I def want a QWERTY for messaging, not a cellphone keypad, and there is none better than a BB (and I am not intending to insult by calling a BB a PDA because it is much beyond just that My backup / spare phone is Razr V9M which I also use a phone as modem, and when I really want to "travel light", or when on a boat or at a football game when I don't want to risk the BB to the "environmental" hazards. Other than that, as long as I'm wearing something to clip to I have a BB on my hip
    05-06-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD