hello everybody, i am new to blackberry. i have had this phone for 3 days and already wish i had just got that iphone (hopefully you all can change my mind). One of my many problems right now is that my msn messenger gives a message stating that "data is unavailable" when i am clearly connected to wifi. my browser works so i really dont understand what is going on. I hope someone has a solution to this and my other problems soon or i think im gonna have to feed this phone to my neighbors dog (kill two birds with one stone (joking animal lovers))
    01-03-10 06:20 PM
    try resending your service books
    01-03-10 06:21 PM
    how do i do that? ps. this is an unlocked phone with a sim card that is yet to be activated. i am with telus and they are delaying the sim activation so i am just on wifi right now.
    01-03-10 06:23 PM
    msn messenger doesnt work on wifi alone...you have to have a bis plan.
    download nimbuzz and you can use msn messenger without data.
    01-03-10 06:25 PM
    so when my data plan is activated and my wifi is on, msn is still going to go through the data?
    01-03-10 06:27 PM
    it says my brand new flagship model does not meet the criteria needed to get app world. so do i need a data plan to get bb app world or do i have to go to waterloo and steal the ceo's blackberry?
    01-03-10 06:48 PM
    Iam not sure but maybe some one else can help more about cheking your apn on tcp/ip setting for your carrier.....
    01-03-10 09:37 PM
    so when my data plan is activated and my wifi is on, msn is still going to go through the data?
    Yes and no. It will be connected to Wifi but going through RIM's data servers. The MSN app along with others that come preinstalled on the device are made by RIM, so they need access to their data servers. Which can be accessed by Wifi.

App World is also an app that needs access to RIM's BIS data servers. It won't work on just Wifi.
    01-03-10 09:58 PM
    it says my brand new flagship model does not meet the criteria needed to get app world. so do i need a data plan to get bb app world or do i have to go to waterloo and steal the ceo's blackberry?
    A BlackBerry data plan is required to use App World. App World will work on Wi-Fi if you have the proper data plan. The service books are required for App World. No data plan=no service books.
    01-03-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD