Hi everyone! I've had my 8830 for a couple months now, and no problems with e-mail until last night. Since about 5:00 last night I haven't received any of my Hotmail via BIS. And the messages I send from the BB are marked as sent OK, but they are not delivered either. My partner said the same things are happening to him via his MSN mail account.

I have tried re-entering the password on BIS, re-sending the service books, and done a battery pull. Still nothing. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?
    09-05-07 08:33 AM
    Mine has been working fine. You've done mostly everything you can. My one last suggestion would be to delete the account from BIS, and then re-add it again.
    09-05-07 09:59 AM
    Thanks! That didn't work, but I appreciate the idea. For now, I went to hotmail.com and forwarded by account to by blackberry.net address. That seems to be working. Not a great long term solution, but at least I am receiving my mail now.
    09-05-07 01:29 PM
    tevansen,

You are not the only one. Hotmail stopped working for me yesterday afternoon. All of my other email accounts work fine.
    09-05-07 05:24 PM
    Do you guys have the free accounts, or paid accounts?
    09-05-07 05:44 PM
    I spoke to Verizon and RIM today and MSN and Hotmail were not getting to some blackberrys. They had a lot ot complaints last night and into today.

After doing a soft reset and sending service books both of which didn't work, I deleted the MSN and Hotmail account at blackberry.com/go/vzw and then set up the account again at this site and everything is working smoothly now.

I have a paid MSN account and a free hotmail account.

Just wanted to share what happened to me as well.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 09-05-07 at 07:54 PM.
    09-05-07 06:47 PM
    MSN is updating their user accounts today to incororate more storage all users will need to be transferred to the new servers, therefore if you are having this problem delete your BIS account and then reset it back up, although latency will still be experienced for a while as work is not expected to be finsihed for another day or 2
    09-05-07 07:24 PM
    I have a paid account. I found that you had to delete the email settings, exit out of Email Setup and then re-log in and set up the account. This got it working again on Wednesday and Thursday.

But...then it stopped working again this morning..Guess I'll try that again.
    09-07-07 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";