Hey guys, I recently purchased BB 9700 in black, and I love it! But the one thing I am missing is going on msn using wifi. Previously, I thought that the Windows Live Messenger app would be supported by wifi, but as I later found out it couldn't.
    So does anyone know any msn app that uses wifi instead of data?

Thanks!
    09-14-10 11:05 PM
    Mine works with wifi fine, no issues either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 12:33 AM
    If you do not have a BIS plan, there are a few third party applications that can use Wifi for Instant Messaging. I moved your question to the WiFi subforum where the options are better known.

If you do have a BIS plan, all of your messaging will use Wifi when selected.
    09-15-10 12:39 AM
    09-15-10 12:40 AM
    Thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate subforum, I am a nooby here, and still have many things to learn :P.

My windows live messenger just keeps saying "connecting", then I did some search and people say it doesn't work with wifi if mobile network is on, mobile network has to be off, so basically its running off only wifi. That didn't work either.

Thanks for the suggesting of IM Lite. I used this before on my iPhone, and never knew they made this for the Blackberry! Quite a bonus as I'm familiar with the interface :P. Just waiting on Fring to come out now!
    09-15-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD