At the end of s2e4 that aired a week and a half ago, there was another BlackBerry reference.

But it seemed as though it wasn't so negative as what we've seen in the past.

Elliott is just about to begin hacking again after having exiled himself from the internet for the past few episodes. and the big headline is "FBI switches from BlackBerry to Android"...or something to that effect.

And the implication is that Elliott will be able to hack the FBI because they're now using Android.

Kind of oddly nice to see. And it's pretty explicit. He notes that he's going to hack the FBI over the closeup of the headline.

Who watches the show here?
    bunky1971 likes this.
    08-05-16 12:13 PM
    At the end of s2e4 that aired a week and a half ago, there was another BlackBerry reference.

But it seemed as though it wasn't so negative as what we've seen in the past.

Elliott is just about to begin hacking again after having exiled himself from the internet for the past few episodes. and the big headline is "FBI switches from BlackBerry to Android"...or something to that effect.

And the implication is that Elliott will be able to hack the FBI because they're now using Android.

Kind of oddly nice to see. And it's pretty explicit. He notes that he's going to hack the FBI over the closeup of the headline.

Who watches the show here?
    On my watch list. But odd in a way since BlackBerry devices now use Android. The show prides itself on being accurate, they're a wee bit behind the times, ha. I get that they're referring (likely) to BBOS devices, but still gives a negative impression overall of the brand (in that BlackBerry is not on Android). Anyway, just my reaction.

Do you like the show overall?
    08-05-16 12:42 PM
    Haven't got a clue what your talking about!!!!!!!!!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-05-16 01:19 PM
    Haven't got a clue what your talking about!
    Cast & Info | Mr. Robot | USA Network
    08-05-16 03:13 PM
    it's not a comment on the fact that bb has gone android.

just that the fbi has migrated to android over bbos or bb10 (can't say), and how that opens the fbi up to hacking

and the negativity about bb in the first season is definitely aimed squarely at executives who used to code and do not any long, and who also have bbos devices on their belt (not bb10). and it's the main inner monologue.

funny, i still don't equate bb with android (as i hate android). maybe when the new keyboard device finally drops...
    08-05-16 05:29 PM
    it's not a comment on the fact that bb has gone android.

just that the fbi has migrated to android over bbos or bb10 (can't say), and how that opens the fbi up to hacking

and the negativity about bb in the first season is definitely aimed squarely at executives who used to code and do not any long, and who also have bbos devices on their belt (not bb10). and it's the main inner monologue.

funny, i still don't equate bb with android (as i hate android). maybe when the new keyboard device finally drops...
    Ah, well then it's a backhanded compliment of sorts. BBOS / BB10 for the win I guess, lol.
    08-05-16 05:32 PM
    Lol...I just watched it on Prime 20 min ago.
    08-05-16 05:56 PM
    Ah, well then it's a backhanded compliment of sorts. BBOS / BB10 for the win I guess, lol.
    definitely a backhanded compliment. oddly recognizing that android is being adopted inappropriately due to popularity.
    08-05-16 06:15 PM
    I am actively watching Mr. Robot too and the show definitely portrays the general perception that BlackBerry is still about security (true) and BBOS/BB10 (not true). Mr. Robot certainly raised the bar in how "hacking" is portrayed on screen. All the hacking showed command lines and code in textual format. No more moving and spinning graphics as "hacking".
    08-05-16 08:31 PM
    Saw it and then found this thread. Cool stuff.
    08-08-16 08:30 PM
    I am actively watching Mr. Robot too and the show definitely portrays the general perception that BlackBerry is still about security (true) and BBOS/BB10 (not true). Mr. Robot certainly raised the bar in how "hacking" is portrayed on screen. All the hacking showed command lines and code in textual format. No more moving and spinning graphics as "hacking".
    The code is all real because the show is written for a computer-literate audience. On Reddit discussions of the show, people dissect every line of code. It's a very refreshing change from the crap put out by big networks, where software does a song and dance before displaying the answer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    08-09-16 12:20 AM
    The code is all real because the show is written for a computer-literate audience. On Reddit discussions of the show, people dissect every line of code. It's a very refreshing change from the crap put out by big networks, where software does a song and dance before displaying the answer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Like these...

On Mr. Robot-img_20160809_173450_edit.png
    bunky1971 likes this.
    08-09-16 10:36 AM
    Yeah. Missed last episode.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-10-16 08:59 AM
    Like these...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160809_173450_edit.png 
Views:	25