I have had the Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230 through Alltel/Verizon for the last 4 months. I'm on my 3rd phone, just had my 2nd factory replacement sent out. I keep having problems with the phone shutting down at random and then not powering up for hours or ever again. If I have another problem with this next phone, I will be able to choose a different phone.

I do a lot of texting and I have dirty hands a lot. Thats the reason I got the flip, I figured it would withstand the most abuse.

My options for a replacement would be the Curve, Storm or Tour.

The Curve looks good, but damn those buttons are small for texting.
    The Storm looks good, but texting on a touchscreen is gonna be slower by far than buttons.
    The Tour looks good, and it is the newest, but again the buttons are small. What advantage does the Tour have over the Curve.

Thoughts?
    10-21-09 10:38 PM
    I have had the Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230 through Alltel/Verizon for the last 4 months. I'm on my 3rd phone, just had my 2nd factory replacement sent out. I keep having problems with the phone shutting down at random and then not powering up for hours or ever again. If I have another problem with this next phone, I will be able to choose a different phone.

I do a lot of texting and I have dirty hands a lot. Thats the reason I got the flip, I figured it would withstand the most abuse.

My options for a replacement would be the Curve, Storm or Tour.

The Curve looks good, but damn those buttons are small for texting.
    The Storm looks good, but texting on a touchscreen is gonna be slower by far than buttons.
    The Tour looks good, and it is the newest, but again the buttons are small. What advantage does the Tour have over the Curve.

Thoughts?
    I like the screen better on the Tour. I have the Tour and love it. Go with whatever phone fits your needs. Any phone you get with a full QWERTY keyboard is going to have small buttons. I thought the Tours was small at first but I have gotten used to it.
    10-22-09 01:07 AM
    Take a look at the Droid coming out on Verizon. Check out the Android forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 01:56 AM
    What advantage does the Tour have over the Curve other than a better screen? Is the OS different?

I doubt Verizon would be willing to give me a Droid, but I am looking into it.
    10-22-09 03:02 PM
    Had the same problem with the flips... between my husband and myself, we are on the 7th flip since May... VZW has replaced mine with the Curve, which overall I am happy with. It has it's quirks, but at least thus far it stays ON...

I'm curious as to them giving you a Storm or Tour as they told me that they would replace with the Curve, but that was the only option.
    10-23-09 05:33 AM
    Hmmm, well thats something I didn't think about. I figured they would give me whatever phone I would want as long as I pay for the difference. If I could only have the Curve, I'd probably just keep replacing my Flip.
    10-23-09 12:52 PM
    The one thing I miss the most about Alltel is the ability to walk into any store and walk out with a device, be it warranty replacement, insurance claim, or whatever...
    10-23-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD