Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bb624
  • 1 Post By DJM626
  • 1 Post By FSeverino
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Moving From IPhone 4 to Q10 or Z10?

Hi all,

Its my first post so bear with me. I've had pretty much all apple products for the past couple years. The last phone i've had is a 64gb iPhone 4, and I've loved it. Its done everything I have wanted but its old and I need something newer and faster. Im loving the new BB 10, and ive even pre ordered a Q10 with rogers, #473 if anyones wondering. But with the recent Z10 launch im thinking of maybe changing and getting a Z10. The reason im looking at the Q10 is cause I love the qwerty keyboard, cause a touchscreen is never the same, also the battery looks like it will be amazing as does its durability. The drop test with the Z10 worried me, as the phone turns into a brick after the screen gets a crack. Also after watching some Q10 walk throughs it looks super fluid and smooth. So I'm asking the crackberry community what do you recommend? Things important to me are battery life, durability, size/weight and social media and typing. I do use a bunch of apps, but its nothing my Ipad can't handle. I just want a good phone to do things a phone is suppose to. I don't care bb doesnt have a million apps cause I just need a key few. I just wanna be sold on why I should move from apple to BB and which BB model i should move to, so I thought this is the best place to ask.

another question is if my Q10 or Z10 breaks, screen shatters etc, where do I get it fixed. For an Iphone i can take it to the apple store the same day, but what about a BB? Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    330e6cee

For the most part Blackberry's don't break, so that is a non issue. Read the posts on CB. BB's have been dropped many many feet, run over by cars, washed in a washing machine and they keep on working. As far as what meets your needs, only you can answer that question.
    Thanked by:
    DavisW (02-07-2013) 
    DavisW likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Hello
    Fist off, welcome to the forum "Crackberry" It's always nice hearing another side of the story, or someone who has not used a BB recently, or at all. Hopefully your experience with it, is going to be a pleasant one. As for which one you should get, I have not owned a qwerty in a long time. As for what others have stated on here though, is that they are qwerty lovers too, but were sold on the Z10 when they got it. From what everyone who owns one says, as well as all of the reviews, the keyboard is fantastic. I am looking forward to this as well as I am a texting freak. If screen real estate isn't that important to you, you might opt for the Q10 if that is what you are used to. On the other hand if you want the full touch experience and want a bit bigger of a screen then I would say go for the Z. You might want to have a look at them both once you are able to, and get a feel for how each one is, and how they perform to your liking.

As for your screen shatter question, maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but in my 10 years of owning BB's I have never had a screen break or for that matter I have never dropped any of them. Get yourself a nice durable otter box case, put a good screen protector on it, and hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones too. As for apps, although not a concern of yours, they will come. By the time the US releases the phone I am sure there are going to be a lot more as well as some tweaks to some of the software issues that are being brought up.

Just ask away here and someone will be nice enough to provide you with any answers to any questions you may have.
    Thanked by:
    DavisW (02-07-2013) 
    DavisW likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,865 Global Posts

I have had a iphone 4 since launch, and LOVE it.

but within an hour of using the Z10... well, it is time for a divorce. You can get the Z10 ww 16gb of storage and get a 64gb sd card for under $80. with this you are getting 80gb of storage for $80... the 64gb iphone 5 is an added $200 over the 16gb.

for storage capacity the Z10 (or really any otehr sd card phone) wins. also, NO MORE ITUNES!!! I HATE itunes!!! you can just drag and drop songs/albums or movies into the memory card, simple as that!

I have shown the phone to at least 15 people and EVERYONE says it looks incredible. If I were you (which i once was) i would switch. It is a GREAT phone!

and, battery life is better, even though the screen is much bigger!
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    JR A likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,389 Global Posts

All I can say is that I was very worried about switching from my touch keyboard to Z10. Well , I've had the Z10 for 24 hours and I can honestly say I would never go back. I have so much more to get used to but it gets better by the minute. Best typing experience bar non.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,258 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Well this is a blackberry forum so it will be biased. But just look at the posts above mine. They had Iphones and switched and even switged from a keyboard device. Although it is a great device only you will know if its right for you. With all the great things it can do like the Internet, which it can do every Site except netflix pretty much there is a lack of apps. Does that affect you? Again it can do the whole Internet so maybe some adjusting and there is a learning "curve" (see what I did there?) if you snoop around the forums you will find good and bad about it but if you give it a try please let ie me an ernest effort and try hard. I'm sure you will love it. And as far as durability goes I know all my BlackBerry have lasted drop after drop without a case, including my torch. They function fine and even cosmetically look ok. I can't say the same for the z10 because of the video posted but I'm sure it's durable enough in most common drops.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN

If typing is of a main concern, then I would stick with Q10.

Yeah, you get a bigger screen with a Z10, but if you're coming from an iPhone 4 the screen size is just about the same with the Q10(just a different aspect ratio), and I'm sure you'll adjust pretty quick. Also, you have an iPad, so whatever app you need that requires a larger screen then there ya go.

Also, based on specs alone (what good did specs ever do, right?), the Q10 should yield better battery life between charges. Personally, your needs match mine: don't really need apps; mainly use phone for communication; need as much battery power as possible; and loves a physical BB QWERTY keyboard. It's pretty clear what you should get based on that.

EDIT: And as someone else pointed out earlier, thank GOD you don't have to put up with iTunes once you switch to BB10!!! My goodness I can't stand that iTunes. With BB10 (and legacy BBOS for that matter), it's just drag n' drop baby...