At this time, I'm primarily invested in apple's ecosystem, with a few exceptions. If I buy a movie on iTunes, I can download it as many times as I want on my kids ipod, my iphone, my ipad, or my laptop. It is tied to the iTunes account, not a particular device. If my phone fills up I can delete it from that device but can redownload whenever. I can also stream it from the Apple TV without downloading it. It just shows up as a movie. No need to use my iphone to watch on my tv. I feel much more like I own that movie forever with the ability to watch it anywhere. Also disney has a great ios app, where you can stream or download disney movies when you have purchased the DVD or Blu ray - they come with a code now for that. I like BB10 devices, but BB is way out its league when it comes to digital content.
    I'm not disputing the point about how Blackberry does it, it's not very good; what I am saying is that the way it is restricted by all providers encourages piracy. If people are buying something, they want to be able to use it whereever they want on any platform they want. It's ridiculous you can't watch something you've bought from Blackberry on your laptop or (especially) PlayBook, I concur completely. I'm just saying that through whichever source it ought to be easy, and it isn't especially. It's a bit like saying in 1990 that your CD can only be played on specific devices.
    06-13-14 08:14 AM
26 12