Which is better? Pros/Cons?
    Last edited by Blackburrry33; 01-14-08 at 10:01 PM.
    01-12-08 09:31 AM
    I think if you are happy with your BB stop getting so crazy about the Q. I had one they are not that great. The BB is way better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 10:05 AM
    i just went from a q to the 8130 on sprint and would never go back no matter how many "more" features q user say they have. i have yet to see a windows mobile phone that is as user friendly as a blackberry.
    01-12-08 10:21 AM
    I have a Q on Sprint's network and an 8130 for my personal cell phome (Verizon). Even though I don't really use the Q for much, it probably crashes at least 3 times as often as the 8130. Now, it (Q) may have the capability of doing a couple more things, and it may fit the needs of a particular user more closely, but that's only when it's not in the process of rebooting or crashing or... (Oh, and the Q keyboard will likely start to go south after a few months. Common issue.)

(And I always tell people that there is not one device that will work for everyone. The best thing to do is try stuff out. Most of my current customers are migrating from Windows Mobile devices to Blackberry devices, mainly beause of the stability issues (and they are not by any means "power users").)
    01-12-08 10:38 AM
    the Q would cost me $15 exta a month with verizon, they charge a $45 data plan oppose to a $30 one with blackberrys
    01-12-08 10:38 AM
    There are some simple things you can mention if people ask about comparing the 2 devices. 1. Stability, well known fact that windows mobile has a tendancy to freeze and needs rebooted daily, Blackberry OS is stable and I personally have gone over 3 months without rebooting. 2. Email security and ease of use, BB wins hands down. BB is known for this. 3. They will know they have the best device and don't have to brag about it. Ever notice when someone is not content with what they have, they talk about it a lot? Also, offer to let someone take a look at you BB and show them how easy it is to use.

01-12-08 10:40 AM
    Just give him time... When his Winblows crashes on his "Q" just walk up, smile and ask him if he needs help or needs to borrow the BB.

Neither the Q nor windows mobile has a good rep for reliability like a Blackberry. I considered a Motorola Q, AT&T Tilt, the RIM 8820, the Samsung Blackjack II the 8310 Curve and a few others.

I laid out their specs, reviews and my needs on a spreadsheet. When I was done with the process of elimination the Curve was the only one left standing.

I'm happy with what I have and could give a rip less about what somebody else has. It fits MY needs, is very customizable, easy to use, looks great and performs very well which is what really matters.
    01-12-08 10:54 AM
    I had a Q and then just recently switched over the 8320. and all i can say is WOW. I dont know why I kept that Q for just over a year. When I first got it, i thought it was awesome and what not... but after 6 months when the battery life decreased dramactically, thing kept crashing for no reason I was starting to re-think how good this phone actually was. Now that I have the 8320 I wish that I got way before then last week. One thing that I like more on the curve is that I can be running my media player, talking on jivetalk, browsing the forum, and be on irc at the same time and everything STILL runs smoothly and doesnt freeze or hesitate - Yes the battery drains insanely fast, but the point is, is that it works nicely without freezing. When I was on the Q if i were to run music an then do something else as little as send SMS' it would hesitate a bit. and then if i were to run something else it would be way to slow for my liking. There are a million things that I dislike about the Q, and a million things I love about the curve. I think your co worker is definetely jealous and wants to make himself happy that he went out on bought a Q and make it seem better by making fun of someone with a 'blackberry'. One thing thats also better on the curve then the Q is the looks. So much more stylish, versus the Q being a brick like phone like previously mentioned.

CURVE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-12-08 02:34 PM
    I had a Q for about 8 months before paying out of my pocket, full price, to switch to an 8130. I agree with everything Davey said. The battery life on the Q is horrid, I had the desktop charger and a spare battery on it at all times, I no longer need that. I do not miss the freezing, stalling, etc when doing more than one thing. I have had my berry for 3 weeks now and have had to do exactly ONE battery pull, whereas with the Q it was about one battery pull a day. The Q went away for warranty 3 separate times and each time it came back it was never fixed, sometimes it was worse (the screen buzzed, the D-pad creaked, etc). I went from loving the Q to absolutely hating it very quickly.

There were things that I did like about the Q though. I liked that I was able to hack in and change things if I wanted to. For example, I always got annoyed by the Windows start up sound so I hacked that out. As well as some of the info screens. It was very customizable, but I'm choosing reliability and stability over that.
    01-12-08 06:23 PM
    I used to have the Q also. It's a great phone in terms of features. It's just that it's unstable and slows down a lot during use when it tries to multitask. The keyboard was tougher to use because there was a delay between when I pressed keys vs. when they showed up on the screen.

If you can put up with that stuff the Q is a pretty sweet phone too.
    01-12-08 06:55 PM
    I have a Q, and only use it for entertainment. I loaded the SlingPlayer on it, and now on long trips, or boring meetings, I can connect to my media server at home, and watch some of the 600GB of recorded TV I have.

As a phone, the Q is ok, however Email sucks, and there is no way to get more then 24 hours of battery out of the sucker. my BB only last 3 days, and I consider that horrible, so I can't stand the Q's battery life.

Once Slingplayer works 100% on BB, the Q will be history.
    01-13-08 12:20 PM
    I'm a big fan of a lot of tech, but I always say to each their own, that each person is unique and so are each person's tech needs. WM6 I think blows but obviously a lot of people really like it so there must be something to it. I try to be objective as much as I can but I really hate it when I run into people who are such otaku fanboys of certain companies that they lose a grasp on reality and think they own Jesus in their pocket.

There's plenty of people out there that compare WM6 and Blackberrys out there. For me there's no comparison, WM6 is bloatware, it's terrible, it crashes constantly when I've had a few of them so when it was time to choose between the Q and my 8130, having used a HTC Mogul at work, I went with the 8130 just because of how much I hated using WM6. WM6 might have the edge when it comes to multimedia support although RIM is quickly catching up, and might have an edge with app support (even though you can run J2ME apps on the Blackberry anyway, it's just they tend to tailor the app for WM use so some apps act funny), me personally the ease of use (following the Keep it Simple Stupid approach) with the BlackBerry plus the superior messaging experience made it the clear winner.

Did I mention how much I hated mobile IE? And Opera crashed constantly on my Mogul. The Blackberry web browser with all it's faults was the clear winner. Show him this website if he ever acts up on you again.

BlackBerry vs. Windows Mobile 6 - LAPTOP Magazine
    01-14-08 02:05 PM
    I owned a Q before I made the switch to the 8320 and I have to agree with other posters here about the reliability of BB. My Q was good for multimedia but the constant crashing had me shopping around after 8 months. Not to mention messaging required a mail2web account to mimick what I now have out the box with BB. I'd never go back to WM devices.

01-14-08 08:39 PM
    I've never had a Q, but everyone in my office is getting the new Q9M. All I'll say about it is that its ugly. The black with red sides would drive me nuts.
    01-15-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD