Yeah the title says it all. I'm looking for a BT hands free kit that will transmit over FM and will also broadcast music from my phone. I've done quite a bit of research and it looks to me like these are the two best out there. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these two and could recommend one?
    11-23-08 06:01 PM
    I'm looking for one too.
    I do see though on the Jabra web site that you can use the built in speaker on the Jabra & don't have to rely on the FM Transmitter if you don't want to use that.
    I don't know if the T505 offers that function. My question about the T505 is if you are listening to the radio on your car stereo, you will have to still manually change stations to the one that you use for the fm transmitter or does it have a built in speaker to it as well?
    11-26-08 08:18 PM
    Just bought one today for my BB 8220. Works great!! 99% hands free. Only time you really have to touch it is when a call comes in or you want to make a call. One button does it. It searches for the clearest fm station and you can lock it in so no further searches. Then lock that station on one of your pre-programmed buttons on stereo. Will pick up your callers list too for voice calling. Or you can just voice the number and it dials. Clarity is great if the bass is low. Voice recognition is a little iffy but it rechecks your request before dialing. Also plays your music from your phone through your stereo. Will pause when a call comes in and restarts when you disconnect from that call. Every feature I could ask for is there. Speaker on the base of the unit is very clear and loud also.... for those of you who don't want to route through the stereo.
    12-11-08 08:28 PM
    CBDavey, thanks for the review. That makes up my mind since I had some of the same questions about having to tune to a station when a call comes in. I assume you might have to change the preset from time to time if traveling out of the local area, but very small price to pay...or I guess I could just use the speaker. I currently have a 305 that works great, but the 505 sounds like a worthwhile upgrade.
    12-11-08 11:41 PM
    Do either of these play the audio from videos?

cheers,
    Megaman20
    01-14-09 12:14 PM
    For either the Motorokr T505 or Jabra SP700, what's to keep someone who stops next to you at a light or in a carpark from eavesdropping on your conversation if he happens to have his FM tuned to the same frequency as what you've set your device and phone to? Seems a pretty good bet that someone would guess a very low frequency (87.9? 88.1?) and make a hobby (or even worse) out of 'spying' on everyone's call! Surprised no one's asked about this....because it sounds kind of scary to me.
    05-09-09 04:23 AM
    For either the Motorokr T505 or Jabra SP700, what's to keep someone who stops next to you at a light or in a carpark from eavesdropping on your conversation if he happens to have his FM tuned to the same frequency as what you've set your device and phone to? Seems a pretty good bet that someone would guess a very low frequency (87.9? 88.1?) and make a hobby (or even worse) out of 'spying' on everyone's call! Surprised no one's asked about this....because it sounds kind of scary to me.
    thats the worst part of an fm transmitter.
    i guess you have to take the good with the bad unless you have an aux jack in your car
    05-09-09 12:43 PM
    I'm looking at getting the Motorokr myself. My i-pod was jacked a while ago and I have since went with some bluetooth stereo headphones and an 8 gig sd card. With the Motorokr, that would cancel the need to replace the i-pod and I will have the added convenience of a have hands free system in the truck. Seems like a win-win for me!

FyrGuy176

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:42 AM
    I just got my MOTOROKR today...

It's really great for calls and your saved media.
    If you're looking to stream Pandora and/or Slacker on it though, don't even bother. Unless I'm missing something, those two apps won't stream via bluetooth to the MOTOROKR.
    05-20-09 10:11 PM
    Nevermind.
    For those of you who had the same problem, you can enable bluetooth in Pandora and Slacker's options menu...
    05-20-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD