DO you think my Storm would fit down the hole in my toilet if I flushed it????

I am having a very difficult time. I purchased the Storm the day it came out. I don't know what OS is on it? I heard it could run better but so far today.... it has shut down 5 times! Last night I could not receive, answer, or send phone calls. I could see them coming in but there was just nothing when I answered.

It is also slow!

Please Please Please Help Me!

Do I download the .99 OS and if so where do I find it and how do I download it.

Thanks soooooooo much.
    Crackberry, Blackberry Newbie
    02-13-09 12:33 PM
    If you're having that many problems I would take it back and get another one. It shouldn't be that painful.
    02-13-09 12:36 PM
    Yes. Definitely take it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 12:45 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Upgrading your OS is a good idea. It is a simple process and you will likely see substantial improvements in performance and reliability.

Stay with the Official release code, leave beta testing to those with an abnormally high frustration level.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-123176/
    02-13-09 12:46 PM
    Take it back. I have had my storm for a month now and haven't had any of those issues. I have also been upgrading to the Beta releases as they come out and they seem to improve on the speed issues...
    02-13-09 02:06 PM
    Flush It and claim on insurance that you lost it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:54 PM
    It seems that if you don't even know what OS is running on it, then at the very least, you need someone who has a better technical background to help you. Maybe if you knew what to tweak and how to tweak it, it might function waaaaayyyy better. But tweaking isn't for everyone, and it's not your responsibility to HAVE to tweak something that you bought. So maybe you'd be better off getting rid of it and getting something that's been on the market longer and is more proven.
    02-13-09 03:15 PM
    DO you think my Storm would fit down the hole in my toilet if I flushed it????

I am having a very difficult time. I purchased the Storm the day it came out. I don't know what OS is on it? I heard it could run better but so far today.... it has shut down 5 times! Last night I could not receive, answer, or send phone calls. I could see them coming in but there was just nothing when I answered.

It is also slow!

Please Please Please Help Me!

Do I download the .99 OS and if so where do I find it and how do I download it.

Thanks soooooooo much.
    Crackberry, Blackberry Newbie

If it's running ridiculously slow it might just be that you have too many programs open... Don't press, but rather hold down the blackberry button. A list of running programs should pop up. Anything other than the main **** you always use needs to be closed. Keeps your phone from getting clogged running pointless programs... It's just like a computer ya know? Just open the program tab your blackberry button and hit close. Hope that helped.
    02-13-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD