What would it be the most affordable, widely used, looking shart blackberry?

I personally think the BOLD and curve 8330. What do u think?
    10-19-08 07:12 PM
    I know a TON of people with Curves now... it used to be Pearls were very popular, they broke the wall for BB into the consumer market. Curves are just as affordable now as Pearls are. Some ppl like the smaller form factor of pearl, but really Curve is still slim and fits nicely into a pocket. The women I know who have BB's all have Curves.... so the stereotype that Pearls are for girls and Curves are for boys goes out the window. I am a girl... we ALL like the larger screen!

Bold is still too new to be 'most popular' since you need a second mortgage on your home to buy one still. When they come down in price, maybe they will take over. But for now, I think its the Curve.
    10-19-08 07:18 PM
    I would agree that the curve is right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 07:20 PM
    Erm...I wouldn't put the Bold as affordable. Even with subsidized plans, ones from Rogers require one to be at a minimum $45 voice/data plan and you'd still need to pay $299 before taxes and whatever activation fees and taxes. It's the flagship, and when normal phones probably top out at the $100 to $200 mark, it's not reaching the average consumer.

Also, widely used is quite broad. I know a lot of corporate folks lean towards the 8800s, but the Pearl has been marketed for phone folks. I'd say it's an even mix with even the old 7200s and 8700s.
    10-19-08 07:21 PM
    Just because the Bold is new doesn't make it the most popular. From the people I know, I'd say the Pearl is the most popular. That goes for the whole Pearl lineup too (8100, 8110, 8120, and 8130).
    10-19-08 07:21 PM
    I agree with Synergie. The Curve is definitely the most widely used BB out there. I love mine and always advocate people I know to get one. It's selfish really...I need more BBM contacts. LOL.
    10-19-08 07:23 PM
    Bold is great... I'm enjoying mine. Though the Curves are awesome; the Pearl, so conveniently small yet powerfull (almost got a Pearl because I like small phones to be honest); then soon to be... the Javellin.

I think the Jav will be a favourite for it's small size and the lack of 3G is not a big deal for many, c'mon how much web surfing do people really do with such a small screen (Some people alot, most I think not)

The Storm... Oh the storm, I'm going to have to wait until I actually try one out before I have an opinion on that...

10-19-08 07:26 PM
    on here I think a tie between 8310 (AT&T) and 8330 (Verizon Wireless).
    10-19-08 07:27 PM
    Its the curve in my book.
    10-19-08 07:28 PM
    I will say that when I'm with other business people I do see as many curves as I do 8800s. But if you take it as a whole, and looking at the posts from this site, I would say the 8800 is the least popular. :-(

10-19-08 07:28 PM
    I will say that when I'm with other business people I do see as many curves as I do 8800s. But if you take it as a whole, and looking at the posts from this site, I would say the 8800 is the least popular. :-(

8800's are a no camera phone which makes them very popular for those folks who are around security sensitive job situations... er, and/or strip clubs for that matter. I like the 8800 and embarrasingly failed to mention it in my earlier post, sorry about that BuddyL I've used an 8800 and was very happy with it. I ended up with a Bold because I got one for free, my lucky day at a RIM launch party a while back. So I'd be sporting my 8800 to this day.

This is not intended to be a cheer you up response LOL, I think the curve is so popular as it has a certain sexiness in feel and size.
    10-19-08 07:50 PM
    8800's are a no camera phone which makes them very popular for those folks who are around security sensitive job situations... er, and/or strip clubs for that matter. I like the 8800 and embarrasingly failed to mention it in my earlier post, sorry about that BuddyL I've used an 8800 and was very happy with it. I ended up with a Bold because I got one for free, my lucky day at a RIM launch party a while back. So I'd be sporting my 8800 to this day.

This is not intended to be a cheer you up response LOL, I think the curve is so popular as it has a certain sexiness in feel and size.
    Thanks for saying that. I know there is no love for the 8800 as it has no camera. I actually don't miss having one, well except whe I'm at strip clubs. Lol.

I'm very happy with miy 8820 and maybe because I love mine so much I was surprised how many BlackBerry users don't have it. I do understand that the curve is the commercial phone and therefore more people would have it.

10-19-08 08:01 PM
    I'm gonna say Bold and any model curve

10-19-08 08:02 PM
    1 vote for the BB 8330
    10-19-08 08:57 PM
    I would say the Curve.
    10-19-08 09:50 PM
    IMHO, i would say the curve, the 8800 series, and soon to be the Bold when it gets released.
    10-20-08 10:27 AM
    I say the Curve. The Bold won't have as large of an interest as the Curve even at launch.
    10-20-08 10:45 AM
    I'd say the Curve
    10-20-08 11:19 AM
    The Curve is hands down the most popular BlackBerry ever. Because it appeals to consumers and business users.
    10-20-08 11:38 AM
    I'd have to agree with the Curve. Plus its prices have come down.

I chose it due to HATING the keyboard on the Pearl (squishy keys), and I hated the size of the 8800. The Curve came in smack dab in the middle and was the perfect size with a full keyboard.

\\Could care less if it had a camera, not sure why phones need a sub-par camera anyway.
    10-20-08 04:00 PM
    From my observations from not only here but in Toronto/New York I would have to say the Curve. But you never know.

Every one has them now!!
    10-20-08 04:02 PM
    I would say the Curve.

Most definately from the consumer point of view based on what is available. I know TONS of people with the curve (of all models)

10-20-08 05:54 PM
    "bold" i think
    10-21-08 12:19 AM
    Well, where I live it seems like the (female) teeny boppers want the pearl while people around my age prefer the curves. Overall, I'd say the curve is a lil bit more popular...
    10-21-08 12:26 AM
    All MY friends who have bb's have the pearl and PREFER the pearl. I think its because its light and my friends arent the business crackberry addict types... lol... I however prefer the curve...
    10-21-08 12:59 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD