This is for everyone who swears that the iphone and their app store walk on water:

Most iPhone applications gathering dust | Apple - CNET News
    02-20-09 11:29 PM
    Somehow I am not surprised, I knew the novelty would wear off and other companies would roll out better phones and the craze would soon slow down.

I have to admit that before my BB, I had my eyes on a 3rd of 4th Generation iPhone (wanted to wait until a lot of the bugs were worked out). Then I got my Curve and it was love at first sight and I would never betray my Curve for anything but a newer model Curve.

~Jazzi~

02-21-09 12:19 AM
    Yea, I mean I was watching a commercial the other day and I was looking at all the silly apps they're rolling out. I mean my sis has the iPod Touch and most of the apps on that phone I wouldn't use more than twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:25 AM
    I said phone, I meant iPod, lol.

02-21-09 12:26 AM
    I think a lot of the apps that are available for the iphone are meant to be novelties of a sort. It's like watching David Copperfield make your nagging spouse disappear. It is all fun and games the first few times, but Monday comes around and your spouse needs to quit playing and go into work. Now David Copperfield is not known for making people appear and disappear from work so during the week he is fairly useless...

Just as a lot of people percieve the iphone to be. Iphone - Fun...BB - Functional.

02-21-09 12:36 AM
    I think a lot of the apps that are available for the iphone are meant to be novelties of a sort. It's like watching David Copperfield make your nagging spouse disappear. It is all fun and games the first few times, but Monday comes around and your spouse needs to quit playing and go into work. Now David Copperfield is not known for making people appear and disappear from work so during the week he is fairly useless...

Just as a lot of people percieve the iphone to be. Iphone - Fun...BB - Functional.

That is by far the best analogy in the history of analogies.
    02-21-09 01:58 PM
    That is by far the best analogy in the history of analogies.

Thank you...

02-21-09 02:26 PM
    I am not surprised that many are just not being downloaded anymore

It is natural for the better and more useful apps to have more longevity. I still hope RIM comes out with thir appstre nad opens up enough APIs to encourage user apps.

02-21-09 03:20 PM
    I am not surprised that many are just not being downloaded anymore

It is natural for the better and more useful apps to have more longevity. I still hope RIM comes out with thir appstre nad opens up enough APIs to encourage user apps.

I agree with this as well.

My 8900 still has a LOT of space for apps, but I only really get the ones that I need and use...(like Agendus, Cerberus Call Filter, etc.)

Yes, iPhone apps are inexpensive, but the fact that you pay a bit for an app you'll never use is silly, and those costs really do add up.
    02-21-09 03:31 PM
    I suspect iphone apps (and I would even guess a lot of apps that will appear in the Pre's app store and the BB's app store) will have similar lives to the viral games/apps on facebook and it's bretheren. Hot one week and gone the next. Those that sell outside the app store will probably do better as they will be aimed at specific tasks (I'm thinking things like Doc2Go)

EDIT: After thinking about this more, I'm wondering if the behavior is similar to Palm, WinMob, and BB apps. Those that aren't good are deleted and those that are, do well. The big difference is the lack of a trial period.
    Last edited by cavingjan; 02-22-09 at 11:31 AM.
    02-22-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";