Yep. Other than the previous and very obvious "Apps" advantage by Apple and Androids ( and by the way, which is almost a non issue now since OS 10.2.1.XXX update), there is essentially nothing on these platforms have that BB10 devices don't have too.
    ----With respect to screen size, iPhones are no better than BB10 phones. Z30 screen size is an equal match to Android phones that 5" or more.
    ----BB10 OS is at the very least on par with Apple or Android OS
    ----BB10 cameras are fairly decent
    ----and it's safe to say that BB QWERTY phones rules the keyboard market.

So why are former legacy users always trying to bash or trash BB10 as if when Apple or Android platforms were first launched the phones were perfect and people didn't have to spend some time learning and getting used to them. The same former legacy users put up and or shut up when they are on these other platforms. For instance, research shows that there is already a pent up demand for the rumoured 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6, yet people are already trashing the rumoured 4.5" or 5" Q30

Everybody is entitle to whatever they like and there is no need to justify the reason, even if you are just following the crowd blindly.
    bungaboy, lynxs_claw and masterful like this.
    04-14-14 09:09 AM
    It's like that with almost anything. Some people just need to justify their choices.
    04-14-14 09:30 AM
    I strongly disagree with your title. As a diehard BlackBerry fan, I waited for what seemed like an eternity to find a suitable device to upgrade to after my 99xx was almost in pieces from hard use.

I bought an android that I hated, but kept for lack of options. I rooted, searched for different mods to run, but nothing satisfied me, they all felt half baked...much like android itself. I also tried an iphone, which I find equally distasteful for other reasons.

BB didn't have anything "new" for me to replace my broken device with. No fickleness here.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:40 AM
    I've been an android user for the last several years and agree completely about BB 10.2.1 and the Z30, as I happily tested two separate Z30's that were simply awesome. Unfortunately, they both had to be returned because of a recurring issue of dropping calls while in a great 4G LTE area as soon as I would connect to the web or send a text/pic message.

Nonetheless, I'm going to get a third because the old saying goes, "Third time's a charm!".
    04-14-14 10:59 AM
    My girlfriend told me a few weeks ago one of her friends posted on Facebook that she finally got rid of her old BlackBerry and got a galaxy. Several of her friends replied with congratulations, about time, and how they are so glad they upgraded to their iPhone / android from BlackBerry. Few people know about bb10 and think it's just the current version of what they have, bugs and all. So when their phone breaks and they have to get a new one, they are open to other brands because ' everyone ' has an iPhone / android they try them and are blown away by them comparing them to their os 5 curve. I guy I work with had a rusting Chevy van for over 30 years would not even consider getting something new. Last month it died and he had to buy a new vehicle. Guess what, he's now driving around in a new car with a big grin and can't understand how he kept that piece of junk so long. You hear the same thing from people about their ex wife/husband. BlackBerry took to long getting bb10 out, and no marketing now they are the ex.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:17 AM
    Honestly, most "former legacy Blackberry users" don't care about discussing smartphones or mobile operating systems, unlike those of us here at Crackberry or Mobile Nations. We're a tiny minority of smartphone users. Additionally, many former legacy Blackberry users didn't have a choice when using Blackberry; they received work-issued devices. (Obviously some of those users liked Blackberry and some did not.)

The majority of former legacy Blackberry users who didn't jump to BB10 1) got dissatisfied with their legacy Blackberry devices (or were neutral about them), 2) wanted to try out iOS, Android, or WP7/8 to see what the hype was about (or in some cases were forced to try out those devices because they were work devices), and 3) found those alternative devices to be more to their liking. They don't care about Blackberry and they don't have any allegiance to Blackberry (or any other smartphone manufacturer for that matter); they just wanted something that works for them. Additionally, I'd guess many former legacy Blackberry users don't know BB10 exists or if they do, they don't know how it is much more in line with iOS, Android, and WP8 as a "modern" mobile OS than BB5/6/7 was.
    04-14-14 11:22 AM
    I strongly disagree with your title. As a diehard BlackBerry fan, I waited for what seemed like an eternity to find a suitable device to upgrade to after my 99xx was almost in pieces from hard use.

I bought an android that I hated, but kept for lack of options. I rooted, searched for different mods to run, but nothing satisfied me, they all felt half baked...much like android itself. I also tried an iphone, which I find equally distasteful for other reasons.

BB didn't have anything "new" for me to replace my broken device with. No fickleness here.

Posted via CB10
    Based on what you posted, I totally agree that there is no fickleness on your part. If you note, I said "most" and not "all". You might be surprised to know I am a "multi-platformer" too, and I respect each platform for what they offer. However, I don't have any grand illusion that the grass is greener on the other side and I maintain that there is no such thing as a "perfect phone".
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-14-14 11:44 AM
    I don't understand what 'fickle' means in this context, we are talking smartphones not marriage or having kids.
    04-14-14 11:45 AM
    I've been an android user for the last several years and agree completely about BB 10.2.1 and the Z30, as I happily tested two separate Z30's that were simply awesome. Unfortunately, they both had to be returned because of a recurring issue of dropping calls while in a great 4G LTE area as soon as I would connect to the web or send a text/pic message.

Nonetheless, I'm going to get a third because the old saying goes, "Third time's a charm!".
    I sincerely hope you have better luck your third time around. I have had my Z30 from the first day of launch and have had no issues at all. Good luck
    Cyanide971 likes this.
    04-14-14 11:49 AM
    I don't understand what 'fickle' means in this context, we are talking smartphones not marriage or having kids.
    Fickle in this context means "being easily swayed by people, media etc". You might be surprised that fickle minded people might be preoccupied with what friends think about who they are dating. Likewise, some former legacy users may have switched to another platform solely because of what their friends will think of them if they bought a BB10 phone.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-14-14 11:55 AM
    Honestly, most "former legacy Blackberry users" don't care about discussing smartphones or mobile operating systems, unlike those of us here at Crackberry or Mobile Nations. We're a tiny minority of smartphone users. Additionally, many former legacy Blackberry users didn't have a choice when using Blackberry; they received work-issued devices. (Obviously some of those users liked Blackberry and some did not.)

The majority of former legacy Blackberry users who didn't jump to BB10 1) got dissatisfied with their legacy Blackberry devices (or were neutral about them), 2) wanted to try out iOS, Android, or WP7/8 to see what the hype was about (or in some cases were forced to try out those devices because they were work devices), and 3) found those alternative devices to be more to their liking. They don't care about Blackberry and they don't have any allegiance to Blackberry (or any other smartphone manufacturer for that matter); they just wanted something that works for them. Additionally, I'd guess many former legacy Blackberry users don't know BB10 exists or if they do, they don't know how it is much more in line with iOS, Android, and WP8 as a "modern" mobile OS than BB5/6/7 was.
    I couldn't agree more with this. I have a brother who uses an old curve and he has no interest in switching to BB10 or any other platform for that matter. Its not that he doesn't like the other models, he just doesn't care as long as his phone makes calls and he can send messages. He could care less about what kind of phone he uses. I think that a lot of legacy users feel this way. You can make this argument for any platform. My father in law uses an iPhone 4. I've asked him about upgrading and he really just doesn't care if he upgrades or not, his phone works and he will use it until it breaks.

I think BB has the notion that all of these people are going to switch to BB10 if they bring the tool belt back. I don't see it. They've either moved on to another platform and have money invested in the ecosystem and really like the platform they have chosen, or they just don't care about what phone they use and won't bother with it until their old one breaks. Will some switch to it, yes I think so. Is it going to be some rush of people running out to buy them, I highly doubt it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-14-14 12:03 PM
    Fickle in this context means "being easily swayed by people, media etc". You might be surprised that fickle minded people might be preoccupied with what friends think about who they are dating. Likewise, some former legacy users may have switched to another platform solely because of what their friends will think of them if they bought a BB10 phone.
    So on that basis, all those stories we get here where people accost people at the urinal and try and convince them to get a BB10 device and they don't - that's good because those people are strong willed individualists?
    04-14-14 12:07 PM
    So on that basis, all those stories we get here where people accost people at the urinal and try and convince them to get a BB10 device and they don't - that's good because those people are strong willed individualists?
    I guess so, if that's how you want to draw your conclusions.
    04-14-14 12:14 PM
    For instance, research shows that there is already a pent up demand for the rumoured 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6, yet people are already trashing the rumoured 4.5" or 5" Q30
    The Q30 is hideous looking if the renders for what it would look like are true. Its not a fair comparison comparing it to any touchscreen phone. Even the hardest of hardcore BB members in here have agreed that that phone is an atrocity looks wise.
    04-14-14 12:21 PM
    It's all about the marketing and perception. Like the person above said, people still think of BlackBerry as legacy devices; old and slow. BlackBerry needs a good marketing campaign to change this perception. What a shame they didn't do that with the pathetic ads when BB10 launched.
    04-14-14 12:33 PM
    The Q30 is hideous looking if the renders for what it would look like are true. Its not a fair comparison comparing it to any touchscreen phone. Even the hardest of hardcore BB members in here have agreed that that phone is an atrocity looks wise.
    But there hasn't been any clear rendering out there. Moreover the important observation on these CB forums are that there are more people who are opposed to any BB10 phone bigger than the Z10 because it will be too big for their hands or whatever. Yet the same people will move on to Apple and Android and totally embrace the 4.5" or 5.5" phones.
    Unless, someone would have me believe that Apple and Android users have bigger hands.
    04-14-14 12:42 PM
    It's all about the marketing and perception. Like the person above said, people still think of BlackBerry as legacy devices; old and slow. BlackBerry needs a good marketing campaign to change this perception. What a shame they didn't do that with the pathetic ads when BB10 launched.
    Yes I agree with you 100% that BlackBerry's marketing has been totally dismal.
    04-14-14 12:46 PM
    I'm a former legacy and bb10 user now on Android and I don't feel I'm a hypocrite. Bb10 is missing a lot of the features that made legacy unique and Android and iOS is on par but much more polished and stable. The contacts bug for one has been non existent since I've come over to Android.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-14-14 12:46 PM
    I'm not sure that one has to make a commitment to any smartphone platform. Especially, when the ecosystem is anemic and does little to keep you in (few cloud services, few apps, no tablet, etc.)

If you have to learn a new OS and all of your apps have to change then that's the perfect time to try a new platform. One of the consequences of Blackberry allowing BBOS to stay around is that there are a lot of legacy users who will eventually go to their T-Mobile or whatever carrier store and find they only carry the other platforms. There's probably a 100% chance, at this point, that they won't hear anything good about any Blackberry device come upgrade time. And, these aren't exactly tech do-it-yourselfers. They are going to ask around.
    04-14-14 01:07 PM
    BB QWERTY rules the keyboard market because I think they are the only one that still do it. Some people still like qwerty phones, but the vast majority of users moved to full touch.

Yes, BB10 is a great OS, but there is no ecosystem. All other 3 major operating systems (iOS, Android, WP) have ecosystems behind them. Blackberry doesn't (yet, at least).

Most people don't even know of BB10, and those who do have no incentive to do so. All mobile OSs, pretty much do the same thing, each in a slightly different way. And everyone thinks it has the best OS/Phone, just browse the other MobileNations sites.

Some people just don't like the feel of an OS. I know I don't like the feel of iOS (I have a Nexus5). I have no problem with BB10, I even bought my dad a Q10 when his old Bold broke.
    04-14-14 01:31 PM
    simply because most people are sheep and need to be led....they go for the 'in thing'...BB is not 'in' at the moment
    04-14-14 01:35 PM
    The problem with fanboys is that they can't see past their own (overly) emotional investment. BlackBerry is a company. That's it. It's a company that produces a product. Some like the product, some don't. The fanboys need to get over the fact that some users simply have different needs and viewpoints. That's what this thread is about; OP has described what he believes is accurate and important, and has accused everyone (oh...okay, not "everyone", but just "most") who disagree with his opinion as hypocritical. What a farce.

Quite frankly, putting a company or product on such a high pedestal (as we see here all too often) is unhealthy and weird.

And for the record, I cautiously gave up my Bold 9900 about a year ago in favour of an Android device, and couldn't be happier. It's miles ahead of my Bold (as one would expect), and for me, does a bunch of stuff BB10 can't give me. And yes, I did test drive a Z10. Sure, I'll miss out on the 4-8 seconds per day that "the hub" could save me...that's okay. But honestly, BlackBerry has done too many things wrong. As a company, their timing sucks.

What's more is, when my office upgraded a year ago, aside from a (very) small group that kept their legacy device, about half went iPhone, and the other half BB10 (I was the only Android convert). Now that we're about a year in, I hear that a few BB10 users are giving up their Z's and Q's for Android (and possibly iPhone). These are not people who "didn't know about BB10", or didn't give it a chance. That's another myth the fanboys have to give up.

So go ahead, OP...put on your BlackBerry sandwich board, and stand on the street corner to proclaim for all the world to hear that I, and those like me, are hypocrites.

Honestly, we're okay with it.
    04-14-14 01:35 PM
    Blackberry has more apps than Android. And the browser makes the apps useless. Who needs apps?
    I agree completely with what you are saying on one aspect of this; I am not a heavy user of tons of apps, but one that I currently have to use on my Droid is my banking app, which is not available through the BlackBerry market.

However, the BlackBerry browser operates more efficiently than Chrome (even with KitKat) and allowed me to access the full website with no hiccups at all. That one and, several other full web sites that Chrome simply cannot display or navigate properly without lagging severely or outright locking up!
    04-14-14 01:52 PM
    I wouldn't go as far as to call them "hypocrites or fickle minded". I think it depends entirely on why the person had the legacy device in the first place. If someone got a legacy device because they wanted to use BBM to chat with their mates and now Whatsapp can do basically the same thing you can't say they are fickle because security was not one of the reasons they got the legacy BB in the first place.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    04-14-14 01:54 PM
    All of you who switched are not prosumers. Blackberry does more than Android. I know it.
    Sorry utter nonsense. I am far more productive on Android then I was with my z10

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-14-14 01:59 PM
70 123