I have 4 push email accounts, I was wondering, does having more than one push email account use significantly more battery than one? If so, I'd compile all my accounts into one with forwarding.
    01-09-09 08:42 AM
    I don't really know but I thnk not. Battery life is dependent on many factors such as signal strength, whether or not Bluetooth is enabled, and, particularly, I think, the amount of data transferred. Push technology apps like Facebook and Viigo can suck the life out of a battery because they are extrememly data-intense apps. Extrapolating that to email accounts, I think the amount of data transferred would be the primary determinant for battery usage, not the number of accounts. Presumably the data requirements would be same whether or not you consolidated the accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 09:48 AM
    I don't really know but I thnk not. Battery life is dependent on many factors such as signal strength, whether or not Bluetooth is enabled, and, particularly, I think, the amount of data transferred. Push technology apps like Facebook and Viigo can suck the life out of a battery because they are extrememly data-intense apps. Extrapolating that to email accounts, I think the amount of data transferred would be the primary determinant for battery usage, not the number of accounts. Presumably the data requirements would be same whether or not you consolidated the accounts.

Cool good to know. I probably receive maybe one or two facebook notifications a day, if that. I probably send one every few days. Is the latest release of facebook still battery intensive if I barely use it?
    01-09-09 09:52 AM
    I don't think that level of Facebook activity would create a noticeable battery drain. But when I was using it (and Viigo) I got the spinning hourglass all the time, to the point I could barely use the Berry. So I uninstalleds both and habe been a happy camper since.

01-09-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD