Is it just me or is anyone else tired of all this more pics, more vids in the wild crap how about RIM just release the phones already. i was waiting for a bb release but couldnt wait any longer so i snagged a G1. I just hope RIM doesnt keep playing this damn wait game for to long or they will be cutting themselves out of more profits.

(just had to get this off my chest)
    09-28-08 10:20 PM
    Yeah, I am starting to ignore all the "in the wild" stuff......just let me know when I can buy it! If I can't test it ahead of time, like with all the 4.5 beta leaks, I am just going to be annoyed! RIM needs good private beta program!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 10:24 PM
    Yeah, I am starting to ignore all the "in the wild" stuff......just let me know when I can buy it! If I can't test it ahead of time, like with all the 4.5 beta leaks, I am just going to be annoyed! RIM needs good private beta program!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i agree with you there.
    09-29-08 11:47 AM
    I would have to agree. If I've already seen the first round of pics, I really don't need to see anymore. Although all those rounds of pics are useful for people who just can't seem to get their curiosity satisfied.
    09-29-08 11:52 AM
    The first thing to consider, it is not up to Research In Motion to release new devices, that is the carriers job.

In order to test a potential new device, pre-production prototypes are built and distributed to carriers. The only people that get them are the employees that are responsible for testing.

In all cases, those employees are bound by the terms of Non Disclosure Agreements. Leaked pictures or information carries severe penalties if they are caught. Some will do it anyway.

I like to see what is coming, but I know the final decision is up to the carrier. That makes sense, they bear the costs of customer support.

We have seen that issue with Bold. Some carriers accepted Bold early. You only have to look at the stream of issues they are reporting to know, it was premature.

09-29-08 11:58 AM
    The first thing to consider, it is not up to Research In Motion to release new devices, that is the carriers job.

In order to test a potential new device, pre-production prototypes are built and distributed to carriers. The only people that get them are the employees that are responsible for testing.

In all cases, those employees are bound by the terms of Non Disclosure Agreements. Leaked pictures or information carries severe penalties if they are caught. Some will do it anyway.

I like to see what is coming, but I know the final decision is up to the carrier. That makes sense, they bear the costs of customer support.

We have seen that issue with Bold. Some carriers accepted Bold early. You only have to look at the stream of issues they are reporting to know, it was premature.

nice info thanks for sharing it
    09-29-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD