Yesterday I stopped by the nearby VZW store to see if they had any cases and screen protectors for the 9930. As I made my way over to the BlackBerry display section, I was disappointed to see the presentation of the phone. The entire marketing space for BlackBerry was exactly 3 feet wide along the wall. From about waist high down was the section for cases, above that a display shelf with four BlackBerries and above that a poster showing the new 9930. One 9930 and three Curves of different colors (not the new generation, VZW doesn't have those yet). That was it.

All the cases were made to fit the Curve or the Bold 9650 which wasn't even on display. When I asked a customer service person about cases for the enw 9930, she said she would go in the back and get some, that they had not put any out yet (how long have these been in the display rooms now?). She came back with a few cases, nothing worth looking at really-none were OEM either. No screen protectors available there either.

The rest of the display room was dedicated to Droid phones from different makers and iPhones and a bazillion cases for them. Droid signs hanging everywhere, Droid signs stuck in the grass outside at the entrances. If someone doesn't step up the marketing, it won't matter if BlackBerry's new phones can make a dry martini and serve it on a platter, they will be gone and that would be a tragedy.
    09-02-11 04:14 PM
    Management in corporate America, its a beautiful thing ain't it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:17 PM
    The front windows of my local vzw are giant pics of the 9930 and the inside of the store has plenty of bb advertising. All available accessories are on the floor and they have two 9930 working units on display.
    09-02-11 04:50 PM
    Displays vary store to store - I wouldn't use one example as anything to get worked up about.
    09-02-11 04:53 PM
    I was in king of prussia mall in Philly and they had posters up of the "new" blackberry 6! Unreal....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD