so as stated in a prior thread i just got my curve, currently downloading the new 4.5 software cant wait to load it!

i am thinking about purchasing mobishark...its a onetime fee app that claims to let me tether my bb to mylaptop....what is the EV-DO rev on the 8330 curve with verizon ?? does the storm get much quicker speeds (whats the comparison), with the new storm OS dropping i am thinking of maybe upgrading before my 30 day "trial period" is up with the storm.

also whats the deal with GPS is it unlocked or locked ??? google maps seems to be able to pinpoint me to within 1600 meters but my service is low and im inside currently. i will go outside and try it here in a few minutes but i am most excited about amazeGPS (with turn by turn). Currently inside amazeGPS says NO SAT. i have turned 911 off, maybe i just need to upgrade to the new 4.5 software ?
    12-04-08 08:38 PM
    Curve is Rev 0 and the storm is rev A. The difference in spped will most likely not be noticed to the eye.

GPS on the curve is the same as usual, but should work with BB maps and VZNAV on the storm. I have not tested on the storm, but this might be better answered in thed storm forums.
    12-04-08 08:43 PM
    The 8330 is Rev 0
    The Storm is Rev A
    Not sure about speed comparisons. As for the GPS, it is locked/limited to use VZNav, BlackBerry Maps, and some say Google Maps works for them. outside of those I doubt it will work.
    12-04-08 08:44 PM
    The difference in the Rev's, from what I understand, is the upload speeds, Rev A being quicker. Download is about the same.

Also rumors going around that verizon GPS has been unlocked on the curves... http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/gps...-curve-108533/

I believe you have to have GPS enabled under Options>Advanced>GPS and turn "GPS Services" to "Location ON"
    12-04-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD