It's Day 5! What exercise have you done today? What are you planning to do?

--

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- this is day 5 -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

We've also set up a BBM Group so you can chat to other members participating in Fitness Month. Go to this forum post and scan the barcode to join the group.

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?! It's also your last chance to enter Week One's Exercise My Way Contest for a bigger prize.

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
    02-08-13 04:49 AM
    Today I ran on the treadmill for 10km. My treadmill has a 10 inch android tablet built in and I am able to use Google maps including street view. Today I did a run on the Hawaiian Island of Kona. The incline changes based off the map too, among other things. Its really cool
    02-08-13 05:02 AM
    Snowed in, no excuse to not get some exercise in, going the bike and bow flex route.
    02-08-13 09:54 AM
    I've finished the workout week with another 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I was able to max out 2.2km.

LOL you can only go so fast on a elliptical machine.
    02-08-13 10:08 AM
    As always took the steps up to the main lobby as opposed to riding the elevator up five flights
    02-08-13 10:53 AM
    Today I workedout my arms. It's not bodybuilding or weights. No training method. You set a goal for a weight that you wanna push/lift and start doing the exercise. I'm not a believer in training methods. There is none cause we all are so different from genetics. In conclusion what works for you, might not work for me. Exercise, rest, eat lots of proteins, and set your goal. If mentaly you're not there then you will never get there. Good luck to you all!
    02-08-13 01:50 PM
    Today is day 2 of my fitness trek. Up at 4:30am, hit the wellness center at work & did some cardiovascular on the elliptical then some free weights for my biceps, chest and back. After work I'm walking the hills near my house.
    02-08-13 02:20 PM
    Today I continued on a lifestyle change project. It's not about getting big or losing weight, but becoming well, so 6 cups of water a day, eat healthier and get physical activity. I decided to do something social and go latin dancing. So I danced salsa, merengue, and bachata in a class of Canadians and it was a great workout!
    02-08-13 03:14 PM
    Ran to the gym then did an intense core workout. I'll know if I was successful tomorrow morning if I'm sore.
    02-08-13 06:27 PM
    Today was short distance at fast pace. Killed four miles in 26 minutes for a 6min 30sec per mile pace
    02-08-13 06:57 PM
    I shoveled snow 2 times today, not sure if that's a work out but my ****, back and shoulders are sure sore.
    02-08-13 07:40 PM
    Not really sports or exercising, but I helped out my wife with house cleaning.
    It's an old tradition (Cleaning the whole house) Chinese do before the New Year.
    And man, was that a hard work.
    Now I know what my wife's going through everyday with house chores.
    02-08-13 09:31 PM
    Finally got to hit the gym today after a busy week at school. Did a short bike and some weight machines and ended with a couple ab exercises.
    02-08-13 10:21 PM
    I take classes in mixed martial arts and today at noon i had muay thai and sparring for 90min, strength and conditioning for 45min at 5:30, mma for 90min, and Brazilian jiu jitsu for 90min

For every class i have 2 essential devices. My blackberry torch 9810 and my Jawbone speakers. I use the the In2Shape Round Timer app so i know when each round is over, and i also know how long to do each exercise.

I highly recommend mma training, sometimes just doing weights can get boring. Doing different disciplines can help you have a functional workout, and help you keep in shape
    02-09-13 12:48 AM