It's Fitness Month week 3, and that means sleep and relaxation, and that means our Resting Up contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you did to rest that day -- sleep, naps, meditation, breathing. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all get enough sleep at night, and enough breaks during the day. If you have a sleep tracker or any other app or device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

You can also join our Fitness Month BBM Group to share more

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    02-18-13 03:01 PM
    Reading e-books on my PlayBook Kobo app before bed, which I am finding fastracks my relaxation. Best nights sleep in weeks..
    02-18-13 05:26 PM
    Ran 4 miles then sat in hot tub!
    02-18-13 05:45 PM
    Slept early at 9 PM last night after playing with and putting my 2 years old son to sleep.
    Feeling refreshed this morning with 9 hours sleep which is a luxury for me.
    My sleep time is normally 5 - 6 hours.
    Cheers
    02-18-13 09:21 PM
    What a GREAT week for Resting Up! I have the whole week off from school meaning I will be sure to get all of my sleep in to compliment the extra time I have to exercise.
    02-18-13 09:37 PM
    I have been going to bed 1 hour earlier!
    02-19-13 08:50 AM
    I have been going to bed 1 hour earlier!
    im sleeping 1 hour later lol
    02-19-13 12:01 PM
    Part of being rested is waking up fresh and calm. The blackberry alarm gradually grows louder making sure I don't jolt awake. The ringtones are pretty soothing to wake up to and make sure my restful sleep carries on with a calm day. I make sure naps are no longer or shorter than 90 minutes so that you wake up at the best part of your sleep cycle
    02-25-13 11:44 AM
    I love having a good night sleep after a run. Running is not really just for the purpose of staying fit for me. It helps me relaxes as well. When i jog, I take of my glasses, plug in some tunes, fire up endomondo app, and just immerse myself in it. Everything is just a blur without glasses seeing just enough to find my way, music separates me from the busy city noises. I take the time to shut myself off, perhaps think about things, reflect, and just sweat everything out.

Then of course a nice long shower followed by a good night's sleep.

Might not work for everyone but it works for me. Use to take 3 types of medication for my high blood pressure. Nowadays i've managed to reduce it to just 1.
    02-25-13 02:45 PM
    The only time I rest is when I'm in bed lol.

I'm either at the gym or at work.
    02-28-13 09:21 AM