Actually, Apple spends very little on product placement. This was brought up in another thread recently (as in, the last couple of days). It's actually a point of pride for Apple that they don't pay for product placement, but do donate products to those who ask to place them (which, oddly, happens more often than one would think).

It's akin to Lee Iacocca's one time comment, when he noted how much easier it would be if he could work for a brand that the populace willingly marketed for him to the point that the consumers would willingly tattoo the brand on their bodies. He was referring to how Harley Davidson received more free marketing from their fan base, than they ever needed to spend in their own marketing.
    You know what, you're right. They don't spend a ton of money. They DO provide support, though, for productions that feature their products. And they don't let you use theirs if other manufacturers products are seen as well.
    03-02-15 11:37 PM
    You know what, you're right. They don't spend a ton of money. They DO provide support, though, for productions that feature their products. And they don't let you use theirs if other manufacturers products are seen as well.
    We covered this earlier in the thread Thunder. 😉

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Edit...
    No we didnt. Sorry. Getting my threads crossed.
    03-03-15 12:01 PM
    I dunno that anybody ever insinuated that Facetime was inherent to "important messages". That's not even what it's intended for. However, when it is available to use, it's pretty damned convenient and desirable to use when the opportunity permits. Myself personally? I'm a bit camera shy, so I tend to avoid video conferencing. But I know many many many people who love it.
    If the majority of the people that I want to communicate with DO NOT use Facetime, it is totally irrelevant to me. I assume people on dating websites and other such drivel like it a lot.
    03-03-15 12:49 PM
    If the majority of the people that I want to communicate with DO NOT use Facetime, it is totally irrelevant to me. I assume people on dating websites and other such drivel like it a lot.
    From what I've seen, those types use BBM.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-15 01:59 PM
    I actually saw this episode of Modern Family. I thought it was a funny, but I mean in reality, how often is someone always available to answer a FaceTime call? A lot of my family members in my immediate family have a mix between iPhones and Androids, and I would say that 9/10 the way we all communicate is through text and calling, and myself, might use FaceTime a total of 3 times a month. I use it when I am away at college and want to have a lengthy conversation with a friend back home, or maybe once an a while my mom, but other than that I don't really use the feature at all. I also thought it was funny/uncomfortable how easy it was for the mom to hack into her daughter's iCloud to find her location...

I do think it would be really nice to have BBM video calls throughout their apps on all devices, because I'm the only one in my friend circle and family that owns a BlackBerry still and it would be nice for the family members and friends who downloaded BBM just for me to be able to use a feature like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:37 PM
    The ease of communication is something I know from work via Lync. We are sitting most of the time in different locations and prefer to talk 'face to face' with video.

I am currently running with skype as well as BBM. Most of the time I rarely see the other person and enjoy the possibility of seeing my counterpart.

The episode has just shown to me that Star Trek kind of communication is already here and going to stay.

You don't need video calling when speaking to people you know but it is damn great when you rarely meet in person.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:57 PM
    Actually, Apple spends very little on product placement. This was brought up in another thread recently (as in, the last couple of days). It's actually a point of pride for Apple that they don't pay for product placement, but do donate products to those who ask to place them (which, oddly, happens more often than one would think).

It's akin to Lee Iacocca's one time comment, when he noted how much easier it would be if he could work for a brand that the populace willingly marketed for him to the point that the consumers would willingly tattoo the brand on their bodies. He was referring to how Harley Davidson received more free marketing from their fan base, than they ever needed to spend in their own marketing.
    A really great and solid point.

Wish to know about detecting lies? Join our channel at C002EFE5D. At The KUQO Group, we're always searching for the truth.
    03-04-15 06:36 AM
    Well BlackBerry is going in the direction of making stuff cross-platform whereas Apple is going the totally opposite direction in making stuff exclusive.

Look at iMessage vs BBM, DLNA and Miracast vs Airplay. Soon iPhone will only able to call other IPhones lol

Posted via CB10
    I believe they're able to do this because apple expanded their ecosystem beyond just phones. You can do many things across all kinds of devices with apple products. From music to TV to tablet, cellphone, laptop, computer, and now potentially cars.
    I think they can afford to keep their ecosystem closed because unlike BlackBerry they offer a variety of devices.
    But it is not fair to compare BlackBerry to apple.
    The OP was to get a consensus of us BlackBerry users who do not have those capabilities and if we're really missing out or wishing we had them.

Wish to know about detecting lies? Join our channel at C002EFE5D. At The KUQO Group, we're always searching for the truth.
    03-04-15 09:05 AM
    That was an accident
    Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:45 AM
84 ... 234