After playing with the iPhone for a couple of months and recently going all Berry, one thing I've missed was safari. I know Firefox mobile is coming out, but I find Safari for windows 10 times better. Anyone else hoping to see safari expand into other phones?
    03-20-08 02:40 AM
    As I understand it, Mozilla's upcoming "Firefox Mobile" is not expected to be released for BlackBerry OS... At least not initially.

As for a "mobile" version of Safari, I think it's pretty unlikely that you will see this become available anytime soon, especially with the release of the Apple iPhone... After all, Safari is one of the big selling points for the iPhone.

Like you though, I would be pretty happy to see either browser become available for BlackBerry OS (as unlikely as it is) - Research in Motion's (RIM's) browser is pretty lousy (it's fast though)!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 05:41 AM
    I had love to see safari browser on my curve.

its the best I have used, on iphone as well as nokia e90, the only thing i miss on my BB

have written to the RIM in there feedback.

lets see what's in the tray when the new os upgrade 4.3/4.5 comes.
    03-20-08 08:56 AM
    I would give Safari a whirl on my Pearl! I like it on my pc. It is faster than IE.

Kudos to Apple!

03-20-08 09:03 AM
    i would love to have safari on my bb
    03-20-08 09:19 AM
    I'd rather have Konqueror than Safari (if flash could be fixed, that is). The reason why Safari works so well is the KHTML engine it borrowed from Konqueror + WebKit.

Come to think of it, maybe RIM could just find a way to incorporate WebKit in the BB Browser.
    03-20-08 09:21 AM
    Apple will never release a mobile Safari for BB, that would kill one of the top reasons to buy an iPhone.
    03-20-08 09:41 AM
    I would rather have ANYTHING but the BB browser. I cannot even get Opera Mini to work because Centennial has not released the TCP controls for its users.

03-20-08 09:48 AM
    Jobs is very stingy... I wouldn't count on it. I don't think Mobile Firefox is going to be that good, at least not in the beginning.
    03-20-08 03:02 PM
    Apple will never release a mobile Safari for BB, that would kill one of the top reasons to buy an iPhone.
    Isn't that a top killer to not buy a Mac, the release of a windows version?

I would rather Apple sell it to RIM and make $$ off of it.
    03-20-08 03:04 PM
    Real browser choice would be very nice. I use OM but would love to have Firefox.
    03-20-08 03:17 PM
    Isn't Safari open source to some degree? Someone should be able to develop a webkit based java browser. (I can't program, so don't look at me)
    03-20-08 04:16 PM
    Safari is based off of open source code, but it itself is not.

I personally think Firefox is lightyears better than Safari, especially 3.0.

Aside from all that, I can't imagine Apple will every have a mobile Safari that worked on any phone other than the iPhone. That's how they roll.
    03-20-08 04:26 PM
    Safari is based off of open source code, but it itself is not.

I personally think Firefox is lightyears better than Safari, especially 3.0.

Aside from all that, I can't imagine Apple will every have a mobile Safari that worked on any phone other than the iPhone. That's how they roll.
    I use to feel the same amount FF, but then I run tests and there claims are accurate. What makes it better than Safari?

Also 3.1 is out and it has spell checker. Also when you hit the address bar one time, it actually highlights the whole address bar unlike before having to click it 20202827263 times.
    03-20-08 06:43 PM
    Hey all, I see I'm a little late on this thread. Just played w/ a coworkers iPhone and loved Safari myself. Perhaps you guys should download Opera Mobile and give it a try. It can be tricky to setup - it needs special settings based on your carrier from what I could tell - but it has the zoom feature and allows you to see normal webpages, not just mobile pages. It's better than the default browser, although I do prefer it for SOME things.

K
    04-23-08 01:48 PM
    Probably 95% use Opera, it definitely is a great tool as Safari isn't available for us.
    04-23-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD