In a major Nordic study, Apple’s iPhone 6S landed at the bottom of the pile when it comes to call quality and range – especially for those who hold their phones in their left hand.

26 phones were reviewed - unfortunately no BlackBerry devices were reviewed - and some tablets were reviewed too.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a difference in signal strength on the phone, depending on which hand the phone is held in... (Fellow-CB'ers, please review the article, and assure me that I am not mis-reading it!).

Link to the Article on 'The Local (Norway)': iPhone models have worst antenna signal: Nordic study - The Local
    Link to the PDF of the Review (in English): http://www.pts.se/upload/Rapporter/T...gusti-2016.pdf

Can't see that this has been posted before on CrackBerry, apologies if it has...
    Mods - wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, so please move somewhere else if more appropriate...
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 09-06-16 at 01:58 PM.
    09-06-16 11:41 AM
    So they tested tablets but not a single BlackBerry? lol
    09-06-16 12:41 PM
    Wow ... so the antenna quality is hindered for those that are left-handed? Hmm ... it is about time we penalized them. I'm sure those left-handed folks are also impairing our healthcare system. haha.

And to Bla1ze's comment ... why could they have not tested the Samsung/BlackBerry Secu-Tablet? Is that more Samsung than BlackBerry? (i'm saying this, not having read the article yet).
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-06-16 12:49 PM
    Doubt that tablet model can even be procured from retail. Plus does it even have an LTE modem ?
    09-06-16 01:35 PM
    So they tested tablets but not a single BlackBerry? lol
    BlackBerrys are (now) pretty thin on the ground in Norway - my cousins see my Passport, and after the initial oohs, aahs & questions about Scandi Keyboard options, then ask...
    "you've got a BlackBerry, so you must be working for the government?"
    (the inference being that only high level government officials with secretive jobs need to use a BlackBerry)
    09-06-16 01:50 PM
    Wow ... so the antenna quality is hindered for those that are left-handed? Hmm ... it is about time we penalized them. I'm sure those left-handed folks are also impairing our healthcare system. haha.

And to Bla1ze's comment ... why could they have not tested the Samsung/BlackBerry Secu-Tablet? Is that more Samsung than BlackBerry? (i'm saying this, not having read the article yet).
    Actually iirc from some reading I did last week right handed people use their left hand to hold their handset.
    Left handers are random.

http://www.cnet.com/news/which-ear-y...ain-dominance/
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 09-06-16 at 04:44 PM. Reason: add link to source
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-06-16 03:33 PM
    Actually iirc from some reading I did last week right handed people use their left hand to hold their handset.
    Left handers are random.
    Is it about the hand or rather the ear...?
    Interesting to know...

Anyway, for me it's left ear, because my right ear has some bad hearing, never figured out why... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-06-16 04:11 PM
    Is it about the hand or rather the ear...?
    Interesting to know...

Anyway, for me it's left ear, because my right ear has some bad hearing, never figured out why... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    Iirc the article claims it's the ear/brain.
    09-06-16 04:23 PM
    Thanks for this, very interesting. I think there's an Australian mobile phone company that tests phones in the outback including BBs. Think they score quite well in those tests. From my recent experience in a poor signal region of Greece my Q5 had much much better reception than my 9900.
    09-06-16 04:29 PM
    Thanks for this, very interesting. I think there's an Australian mobile phone company that tests phones in the outback including BBs. Think they score quite well in those tests. From my recent experience in a poor signal region of Greece my Q5 had much much better reception than my 9900.
    Pleased you found the article of interest.

Do you have a link for the Australian Outback tests? I'd be really interested to see them.

My Passport has the best reception I've ever known in a phone - I've always assumed that this is due to a combination of the paratek antenna and the large size of the phone (eg can fit a larger aerial).
    09-06-16 05:41 PM
    My BlackBerry phones get better reception in low service areas and thick walled limestone buildings compared to iPhones. Sometimes the iPhones get no reception at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 08:40 PM