I know we can make purchases at Tim Hortons but how do we do it for everything else? Is there anything we BlackBerry users can do?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 07:25 PM
    Surtap... pretty much limited to CIBC only for the moment... and probably forever

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 08:19 PM
    Suretap, CIBC, ScotiaBank and Ugo (TD). All work on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 08:33 PM
    After using the Ugo app for almost a year and a half with my TD Visa, I just received an email from Ugo that as of 26 May TD credit cards will no longer work on Ugo on the BB10 OS. Combined with FB abandonment, this is likely the time to switch to Android I'm afraid.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 10:28 AM
    Yep...just got that email this morning. Pretty sad since TD is most likely the cause for this since their native TD app hasn't been updated since 2014 vs their Android app allows mobile wallet (tap and pay) and mobile deposit (cheque photos)

I have been using Ugo app for my TD visa since the app was first launched and have been an advocate promoting UGO now it's just relegated to just another run of the mill loyalty/points cards lame app along with all the other generic ones for BB10

Mobile Payments-img_20160512_085103.png

Mobile Payments-img_20160512_085120.png

Mobile Payments-img_20160512_085130.png

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-12-16 10:54 AM
    Yep folks!! Our highly touted business device.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 11:08 AM
    It's also possible that other bank's credit cards will no longer work on Ugo on the BB10 OS. I got the email about it being TD Visa cards because that's what I have. Can anyone who uses Ugo with a credit card other than TD clarify if they also received a discontinuation of use email?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 11:31 AM
    Well,

After talking with Ugo...the only card they have that will still work on their BB10 app is PC MasterCard. I'm sure though it will be just a matter of time until PC pulls their support as well.

In a nutshell...TD (and I'm sure all the other banks) have updated their mobile wallets to be used without the need for NFC enabled Sim cards. These transactions will now just use the phone's NFC part.

No need to have NFC enabled Sim cards like what we're currently using. Apple pay and Android Pay don't need "special" NFC enabled Sim cards.

Looks like the Canadian banks have now bowed down to what Apple and Android uses...

05-12-16 12:15 PM
    Such horse manure. Why would TD pull their support for existing customers like that?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    05-12-16 01:04 PM
    Such horse manure. Why would TD pull their support for existing customers like that?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    I know it royally sucks bigtime!!! TD (according to UGO) after talking with tech support this morning is updating the technology being used so that their tap and pay (credit card/debit card) no longer has the need for NFC enabled Sim cards. (NFC secure banking info being stored on the sim)

The mobile payment will simply go through the simple NFC antenna on the back.

How it's being used right now...is that the TD visa info is registered and stored on the NFC enabled Sim card which then goes through the NFC antenna on the back when you tap and pay.

Now it's just simple tap and pay and their TD mobile wallet info is handled differently versus the need of an NFC enabled sim.

This is the last straw and even today while just using my native browser on the Rogers website looking at prices to compare...I get this on top in a yellow box.

Mobile Payments-img_20160512_094956.png

I'm still able to use the TD Android and RBC android apps for mobile deposit albeit very slowly and cumbersome. I haven't updated the RBC one because the latest requires Google play services. So far so good with the TD one but I won't be updating that one as well in fear that it will also require Google play services.

Last edited by qphone; 05-12-16 at 01:40 PM.
    05-12-16 01:26 PM
    In my response back from Tech Support, it looks as the reason is the lack of support for the HCE (Host Card Emulation) in BB10. Although from what I've read, it looks like HCE is supported in BB7. So like it was said previously, there's no longer a need for the NFC Sim card in the device..

Not sure how hard it is to implement this support on the phone's OS.
    05-13-16 01:28 PM
    Got a reply from TD. They are currently working on HCE for support for BlackBerry 10 devices. Once the process will be completed, TD credit cards will me made available once again in UGO.
    They did not have a specific timeline.....as usual!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:53 PM
    HCE is in BB10 as well, here's a 2014 BB dev blog post So, What�s this HCE Thing Anyway? but for whatever reason BB and the Canadian banking system couldn't get together to switch to it from the sim card. Now there is no choice but to use it.
    05-13-16 06:11 PM
    HCE is in BB10 as well, here's a 2014 BB dev blog post So, What�s this HCE Thing Anyway? but for whatever reason BB and the Canadian banking system couldn't get together to switch to it from the sim card. Now there is no choice but to use it.
    It's up to TD to develop the app using HCE in lieu of SIM based. They just released HCE support for Android and will be releasing it for ApplePay in the coming weeks. Should be our turn afterwards !

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 06:13 PM
    It's up to TD to develop the app using HCE in lieu of SIM based. They just released HCE support for Android and will be releasing it for ApplePay in the coming weeks. Should be our turn afterwards !

Posted via CB10
    I've been a long time Ugo user since it was launched for BB10. Now that hopefully Ugo will implement/upgrade HCE onto their BB10 app...would I need to change to a "Non" NFC enabled sim? Hopefully it won't make a difference because it's the app rather than the app plus the NFC sim (current way how Ugo implements tap and pay on BB10) I'm currently using the Telus NFC Sim Card.

Hoping if HCE is updated with UGO BB10 app...I don't have to waste another$15 switching back to a regular "non" NFC sim as I did when I switched from regular to NFC in order to use Ugo in the first place.

Mobile Payments-img_20160513_232701.png

05-14-16 01:47 AM
    Got a reply from TD. They are currently working on HCE for support for BlackBerry 10 devices. Once the process will be completed, TD credit cards will me made available once again in UGO.
    They did not have a specific timeline.....as usual!

Posted via CB10
    I hope so.

 Passport via CB10
    05-14-16 07:21 AM