I'm not talking about the patent law suits but the dog fight between OEMs to get global market share.
    What has amazed me is how many Iphone users are saying the will be jumping ship to BB10. They all can't be old Blackberry users who jumped ship in the dark times.
    I thought that BB10 might cut into the android market but that might not be possibele.
    Android's popularity is not because it's good it because it's cheap. Google in giving away the os has acted like some drug dealer with the Android OEMs as their pushers making sure the unassuming consumers addict themselves to google's propietory aps.
    The more monied android user may jump ship but I see the real dance of death between BB10, Windows 8 and Ios.
    01-25-13 07:02 AM
    I'm not talking about the patent law suits but the dog fight between OEMs to get global market share.
    The OEM problem is more something I see as being unique to Android... as they have by far the most to prove and need to be distinctive from eachother, using the same OS
    ...but I see the real dance of death between BB10, Windows 8 and Ios.
    I'm not sure why it would be a "dance of death", the market is big enough for the three of them (and Android). It will have some with more users than others, but that doesn't necessarily mean the death of a platform.

Si.
    01-25-13 07:36 AM
    I was using the term "death" figuratively as opposed to literally. How much market share can Ios lose before their business plan is jepordised. It's different for RIM and Win8 as their base is so low at present.
    01-25-13 08:21 AM
    100% agree with OP
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-25-13 10:56 AM
    I think BB10 will be 3rd in terms of mobile OS
    01-25-13 11:06 AM
    One really underestimated feature in BB10 are the Active Frames, they can do a lot more then most people think, will put WP8 tiles to shame, big time.
    01-25-13 11:30 AM
    I like what I see.

I don't generally get into "this OS is DEFINITELY better than that OS" arguments, because absolutes simply don't work with regards to consumer tech IMHO. All the OSes have their pluses and minuses, and while we can pontificate as to how RIM dropped the ball, I do think they are making a valiant effort.

As I have said, for me, it will boil down to how effectively BB10 can make me more productive AND be a leisure machine. I work EXTENSIVELY on the go, so I need a workhorse that does it all. The ecosystem (everything, not just apps) is what I'll be looking at:

• Cloud connectivity/no need for desktop client
    • Google suite: need my Gapps
    • Specific apps I need for work
    • Content: I want to be able acquire content legitimately and reasonably priced.

I figure there will be folks who will find reasons not to switch, and that is there prerogative, but in a sense, RIM needs the other players as much as they need it. Hopefully, they all can use the competition to spoil consumers.
    01-25-13 11:36 AM
    I know of at least 1 iphone user who was never a BB user who wants the Z10. He loves the Balance feature. I didn't tell him it wouldn't work without BES. Am I a J-E-R-K?
    01-25-13 12:43 PM
    I know of at least 1 iphone user who was never a BB user who wants the Z10. He loves the Balance feature. I didn't tell him it wouldn't work without BES. Am I a J-E-R-K?
    Well, as an dissatisfied customer, he could damage the brand within his circle
    01-25-13 02:54 PM
    If Java has security issues, would that affect Android and iOS?
    01-25-13 03:42 PM