Has anyone migrated to their bb completely? I'm almost there. You can listen to music, surf the web, talk to anyone in almost every way, and play games. If bb's had a full html browser that was completely functional, I would rarely use my computer. I never thought that I'd have a device that could do what a bb can, and in such speed!

(I didn't want to bring the other phone up, but it makes sense to...)

The iPhone cannot do what I am doing right now. Listen to music, do email, bbm, text, and crackberry all at the same time.

Anyone with me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:59 PM
    Well I'm almost there. I grab my iPod occasionaly.
    03-03-09 10:00 PM
    I must admit that I pick up my iPod too, but mostly to play XPlane Extreme. Haha

03-03-09 10:04 PM
    No. And for me that is never going to happen. There are things
    I do that would be a huge PITA on any phone (large spreadsheets,
    PDF documents, Access databases).

I never use it for music (I even deleted Slacker), hardly ever use
    the camera.

I do send and receive tons of emails, use BBM and Yahoo IM,
    the task manager, calendar and quite a few other 3rd party
    apps, but the BlackBerry as a mini computer, computer
    replacement or all in one device makes no sense to me.
    03-03-09 10:15 PM
    i gave my ipod to my brother when he lost his... i use it pretty much for everything, but i haven't given my camera up entirely... but the blackberry camera is handy for snapping quick pics. and i still use my laptop at home, of course.
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 03-03-09 at 10:17 PM.
    03-03-09 10:15 PM
    I could never give up my dslr. But as a communication device, this thing does it all for me. EXCEPT facebook chat. Haha. But an hour ago I gave up sitting at my computer and decided to go completely mobile. It's great being able to listen to music and talk to people from such a small device.

03-03-09 10:20 PM
    I use mine for everything...Emails, Texts, MMS, Music, Movies, Games, Web, Documents, Camera, Video Recorder, Voice Notes, Shopping List, virtually anything i can think of. I obviously use my laptop when it is out and handy. I am with you...
    And with regard to the iphone, you can't for one do a battery pull when the damn thing freezes (happens to my girls iphone once in a while), can't zoom into take a picture or use a flash, no video recording function, can't send or recieve picture messages, can't use a full qwerty keyboard in landscape mode (unless u download an app which I did for her phone but it is crappy at best), no documents to go (that i know of), no way to change the theme or wallpaper (that i know of), no way quick keys, no copy paste function, etc.....I could go on but all in all I use my BB for nearly every function I can think of. Im with you Jakeberry123
    03-03-09 10:27 PM
    I would use my bb for everyyything if I could axcess websites that have to use pop ups.
    Like blackboard for my school. I can log on but when I like click assignments I can views them because its a pop up. It would be ammmazing if it could, but whatever, hah.

03-03-09 11:11 PM
    Actually, a few people in the PSH thread have even ditched their computers for their BB's. Rose6446 just got a computer; before that she was just using her BB for everything.
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-19-09 at 07:40 PM.
    05-05-09 12:53 PM
    I'm a tech geek so I love all my gadgets. I'm on my BB during the morning into the Evening because of work but from the evening to night I'm on my comp haha.

05-05-09 01:07 PM
    Iam there. when my desktop dies thats it iam not even going to replace it.
    05-05-09 03:10 PM
    I lost my ipod a while ago. Lol and my baby sis uses my pc more than I do. I only use it homework.

05-05-09 03:54 PM
    when I switch to the Bold I think I'll be 95% there, impossible with the little keyboard on the Pearl
    05-06-09 05:06 AM
    I cannot completely replace my PC with BB yet but now with my bold I do not have to carry my laptop on away trips!
    I still need msn messenger and full html browsing!!

05-06-09 07:20 AM
    I cant totally replace it. A pc is convenient in other ways, but....

I use my bb for email, sms, mms, pics, some docs, and when im home at night, the kids take over the computer (not letting them get one in their rooms) so I do what I need to on my bb.

I check client status, payments, contacts and schedules on my bb which is handy when I need to change someone's workout schedule, i can go to them in contacts or i can go to my client listing i set up on my site and go to thier name, click on their phone number and ive put the call in.

I do databasing and web design, graphics as well, so my pc is a must, but i can do everything else right from my 8330.

Id be so much less productive...mobily (is that a word?) if I didnt have my bb. Didn't know i even needed it till i got it! lol.
    05-06-09 08:19 AM
    my laptop is looking a little lonely right about now, i browse, do email, music movies all from my phone
    05-06-09 08:39 AM
    I find my BB is a convenient substitute for many things, but doesn't replace much at all. It simply isn't as 'good' at any of the tasks I perform regularly on my computer to take over that functionality. Not to mention the myriad tasks I simply could not perform on a BB.
    05-06-09 08:41 AM
    I pretty much use my bb for everything in my personal life. However, when it comes to work things. I have to use the pc or laptop for certain things. Like others have said, if the bb could handle pop ups and could do full html browsing, I would not need my bb at all for personal needs!
    05-06-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";