i just upgraded my 9860 to 7.1.0.267, i see in manage connection, there is this mobile hotspot. What is it for? what does it do?

I tried to turn it on, but it wanted APN and username/password, where do you find those information? Thanks
    02-20-12 02:57 AM
    i just upgraded my 9860 to 7.1.0.267, i see in manage connection, there is this mobile hotspot. What is it for? what does it do?

I tried to turn it on, but it wanted APN and username/password, where do you find those information? Thanks
    Can turn your device into a wifi "router". Basically, you can transmit a wifi network so other devices can connect to it via wifi and get internet from your blackberry cellular network connection.
    02-20-12 03:01 AM
    do i need tethering for that? i ahve a unlimited data plan but no tethering
    02-20-12 03:41 AM
    do i need tethering for that? i ahve a unlimited data plan but no tethering
    If it asks for the APN, im pretty sure you can just put down any APN and thus you wont need a tethering plan. Im not sure, im not using my 9810 right now so i can't test it out. On AT&T for example, and in most OS builds of 7.1, it just says that there is no tethering plan on the line and does not allow the user to put down an APN. Get the usual mobile APNs for wind mobile and put them down, also check if wind mobile charges you for tethering or has specific tethering plans. You may get away with it by using a non-tethering APN and not consuming too much data, e.g no video streaming.
    02-20-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD