hello, long time lurker, first time poster.... only because im not sure if this will work.

on Sunday i know my phone was sending and recieving MMS texts, but today i tried to send some and they wont go thru. i just get the red x, unable to send.
    thru mu own troubleshooting i had others send me MMS and they are not being recieved.
    so i got on the phone with tmo and went thru the checks, pulled battery and sim while on the phone etc, and it still doesnt work.
    so i was told to copy my contacts to the sim and then call back and they will explain how to do a master reset. that i can figute out on my own. copy all my contacts??? thats fine, but thats all it will let me save, just the name and number, not email addy's or address etc.
    so my question is, if i do a backup onto my desktop comp, will it save all the contact info i have? what about settings and everything the way i have it now?
    i finally got everything on the phone just how i want it and the thought of having to reset everything is daunting... im a busy guy!
    will that save the custom ringtones for certain contacts and all if i reset the phone, then hook it back to the computer and reinstall my backup?

pictures and music are all on the media card so im not worried about that, but i dont want to lose all my contacts info and just have one number for each.
    this is the first smart phone i have had so im not sure about doing the reset until i know it will be like it is now... just working.

and thats another question, does resetting the phone even sound like it could fix this?
    BB 8220 Flip

thanks in advance to all!
    06-23-09 01:22 PM
    So I am assuming that T-mo said that coverage was not being interrupted in your area and you have full coverage and still not getting sms and mms through in or out? You can use DM to backup and then do a 3rd party app backup and wipe the device to factory settings or you can wipe completely and reload OS then restore. There is a link to JL_Cmder in my sig with instructions.
    06-23-09 01:32 PM
    hello, long time lurker, first time poster.... only because im not sure if this will work.

on Sunday i know my phone was sending and recieving MMS texts, but today i tried to send some and they wont go thru. i just get the red x, unable to send.
    thru mu own troubleshooting i had others send me MMS and they are not being recieved.
    so i got on the phone with tmo and went thru the checks, pulled battery and sim while on the phone etc, and it still doesnt work.
    so i was told to copy my contacts to the sim and then call back and they will explain how to do a master reset. that i can figute out on my own. copy all my contacts??? thats fine, but thats all it will let me save, just the name and number, not email addy's or address etc.
    so my question is, if i do a backup onto my desktop comp, will it save all the contact info i have? what about settings and everything the way i have it now? Have you synced your BB with your desktop with the Desktop Manager? If so, you can restore the contacts that way.
    i finally got everything on the phone just how i want it and the thought of having to reset everything is daunting... im a busy guy!
    will that save the custom ringtones for certain contacts and all if i reset the phone, then hook it back to the computer and reinstall my backup?

pictures and music are all on the media card so im not worried about that, but i dont want to lose all my contacts info and just have one number for each.
    this is the first smart phone i have had so im not sure about doing the reset until i know it will be like it is now... just working.

and thats another question, does resetting the phone even sound like it could fix this? A hard reset will bring the BB back to to it's factory state, just like the day you bought it.
    BB 8220 Flip

thanks in advance to all!
    A hard reset should be the last thing you do in a last-ditched effort to get you BB running again. Have you searched this topic on the forums?
    06-23-09 01:32 PM
    So I am assuming that T-mo said that coverage was not being interrupted in your area and you have full coverage and still not getting sms and mms through in or out? You can use DM to backup and then do a 3rd party app backup and wipe the device to factory settings or you can wipe completely and reload OS then restore. There is a link to JL_Cmder in my sig with instructions.
    Yes, coverage and everything is fine, according to them. i have no problems with the net, emails, or sms, just mms
    A hard reset should be the last thing you do in a last-ditched effort to get you BB running again. Have you searched this topic on the forums?
    i have been searching and havent found a similar problem. seems that the others i have found lost all txt features. everything else is working and nothing has been installed on the phone to make it stop. thats why i am wondering about the reset.
    i have no issues with the phone at all except not being able to send mms, or recieve them as i have 2 phones on the account and the other phone (Krzr) sent it to me, my bb didnt recieve it. sending plain sms is fine.
    also, sending a pic thru email or direct to facebook is fine. this is why im puzzled and wondering if tmo dont know what they are talking about, or if a reset could fix a problem like this
    06-23-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD