I have a new Verizon BB Torch 9850. I noticed that when a friend sends a picture to me and a bunch of other people, my response goes to everyone else he sent it to. This was not the issue with my BB Storm II.

I cannot figure out how to change this setting. Can anyone help me to fix this annoying and potentially hazardous function?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    10-24-11 04:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Iphone does that too if you're not careful. I did that once on txt with the storm1. By replying to a mass txt. I have to compose a new message with the original sender to reply.
    10-24-11 09:06 PM
    Thank you for responding to my post. I had a BB Storm and currently have a Storm II for work. ‘Reply to All’ is something that has to be selected. With my new Torch, it appears to reply to all for every MMS. I know there should be a setting somewhere, but I cannot locate it. Undoubtedly something simple that I overlooked.

I hope someone can point it out to me!!
    10-25-11 04:25 PM
    With my 9930, there is an option that you can toggle, "Allow Reply to All".

If you check that box, then any texts from that point on in the conversation are sent to all recipients. If it's not checked, then it's just a one-to-one conversation when anyone responds to your text.

Nice feature.
    10-25-11 06:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Iphone does that too if you're not careful. I did that once on txt with the storm1. By replying to a mass txt. I have to compose a new message with the original sender to reply.
    Most phones do it if you aren't careful.
    10-25-11 06:59 PM
    Thank you everyone for replying to my post. I have done extensive research on this and apparently, the reply to all function is something that cannot be disabled. I think this is a ridiculous and impractical setting. I just have to be careful when replying to texts that have multiple recipients.
    10-26-11 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD