So I've got a BB pearl (8100) with Tmob. I seem to have developed a problem receiving MMS picture messages from my contacts. Sending as well seems to be sketchy at best. Sometimes I have to try to send severn or eight times just to get the pic to go through. And the same when receiving MMS's. I don't remember this being the case when the phone was new, so I'm wondering if it may be related to the phone itself, the carrier or the OS (version 4.2.1.107)

I've also noticed that recently I'm getting the little hourglass symbol MUCH more frequently than I ever remember it before. Even when just switching between apps or checking SMS sometimes. I haven't loaded a mess of things onto the phone, and I have a 1 gig micro card as well (if that even matters).

Any thoughts??

Any help would be appreciated -

Thanks so much guys!

Brian~
    08-27-09 06:32 PM
    Not really sure about the MMS problem but it could be OS related. Maybe upgrading could solve the problem. Could also try a battery pull.

As for the hourglass, that seems to me like it would be memory related. Go to Options>>Status and your File Free should be above 10MB. If not, delete any and all messages (texts, emails) and save any that are important. When done with that, look into this thread to help free up extra memory: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ Then try and keep all media items on you media card. Also keep in mind that a media card has no affect on you devices memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 06:42 PM
    I've had that problem with my Tour. I'd just do a quick pull and it normally corrects the issue
    08-27-09 06:58 PM
    OK - so if I've calculated this correctly, my memory free: 21073720 is only about 2.5 Megs? My file total is: 64356352 - though I don't know what the file total relates to. I'll give a shot to dumping some stuff and seeing if I can get the mem totals up.

Still completely puzzled about the MMS problems though. Never had an issue when I first got the phone...just recently. unfortunately, TMob only sees fit to stick with the 4.2 build for the 8100 and hasn't released any newer OS versions. Doubt they will. I know you can pirate and use other versions as well...but I've always been a touch skiddish about that when it's not an official release.

Thanks guys!
    09-01-09 09:23 AM
    The memory you have in place is 21MB, not 2.5. File Total relates to how much memory your device comes with altogether.

You don't have to stick with the 4.2 OS! You can upgrade using any OS as long as it's for your device. I've had a 4.5 on my TMO Pearl for a while now and had no problems! Upgrading can help with your memory also.

09-01-09 09:45 AM
    The memory you have in place is 21MB, not 2.5. File Total relates to how much memory your device comes with altogether.

You don't have to stick with the 4.2 OS! You can upgrade using any OS as long as it's for your device. I've had a 4.5 on my TMO Pearl for a while now and had no problems! Upgrading can help with your memory also.

Ah - my bad! Miscalculation with the decimal place. Thanks for the correction. I know I can also update the OS to the 4.5 but have heard mixed reviews on speed and efficacy so I wasn't ready to run with it just yet. Perhaps I should give it a shot and just make a system backup before the jump? Is it easy to restore back to the old version and all my old settings if I need to??

Thanks once again!
    09-05-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD