I have three email accounts set-up on my blackberry. A few weeks ago one of the mailbox icons disappeared. The mail is still delivered into my messages folder but I no longer have a separate mail folder for it. Anyone know how I can add it back?
    01-14-08 09:10 PM
    You can have the service books resent. Log into your BIS account and do it from there. This works for AT&T, I don't know how different Verizon would be.
    01-14-08 10:10 PM
    I don't think it is a service book issue, since he is still getting his messages. I'd suggest checking to see if you haven't accidentally hiden the icon: in the application list, hit the menu key, then select "show all." If you still don't see it, check in the messaging options as to whether or not SMS/MMS and email are combined, separate, or theme controlled. That can sometimes cause issues.
    01-14-08 10:35 PM
    I already had my service books resent so I don't think that is the case. I'm not sure how to "show all" in the applications or check my email settings as noted above. Could you please be more specific, I'm relatively new to this blackberry.
    01-14-08 10:58 PM
    Press the menu key to go to the screen which shows the application icons. Then press the menu key and select "show all." This will show all your icons, both visible and hidden. Hidden icons will be greyed out. You can look to see if your email icons are among those greyed out. If they are, highlight the email icon, press the menu key, then deselect "hide."

As for the other, go into messages, and press menu. Choose "options," then "general options." On the 4.3 OS, there is an option to separate, combine, or allow themes to control the SMS and email inboxes. I think the 4.2 OS allows you to do the same. You should see what that setting is.
    01-15-08 07:29 AM
    [Press the menu key to go to the screen which shows the application icons. Then press the menu key and select "show all."] By the menu key, is this the trackwheel? If so, I do not get a "show all" option.
    This will show all your icons, both visible and hidden. Hidden icons will be greyed out. You can look to see if your email icons are among those greyed out. If they are, highlight the email icon, press the menu key, then deselect "hide."

[As for the other, go into messages, and press menu. Choose "options," then "general options." On the 4.3 OS, there is an option to separate, combine, or allow themes to control the SMS and email inboxes. I think the 4.2 OS allows you to do the same. You should see what that setting is.] It appears as though I'm working on an old operating system 4.1, maybe I'll start with updating that. I do not see any of the options you mention above in this older OS.
    01-19-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD