I'm loving my Z10, and I've been a BlackBerry fanatic since my 7100i? My friends think I work for BlackBerry because I talk about it and promote it so much, lol. The new BlackBerry 10 OS is great, but I believe it's missing some of the key BlackBerry features that kept me devoted to it for so long.
    HARDCORE BLACKBERRY FEATURES THAT NO OTHER PLATFORMS CAN DO:
    - Setting the phone to automatically vibrate when its holstered and ring out of the case.
    - Whenever receiving a message while its holstered, after removing from holster, it would automatically display the message that was just received. (never even noticed how much I missed this until I started using the Z10.)
    - sound profile customizations (confusing for some people but when used properly, they were awesome)
    - Sinking phone to outlook, 2 way sinking (hopefully will be available soon)

These features maybe irrelevant to some people but they were important features that were part of my daily routine when using any of my older Blackberry cell phones, and I don?t understand why the new platform couldn't incorporate them.

Does anyone out there feel the same, or am I "The Last of the Mohicans"?

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and mzceetee like this.
    05-12-13 01:58 PM
    I do miss the custom sound profiles a lot!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:00 PM
    Totally agree . Keep as much of BBOS features as possible .
    05-12-13 02:05 PM
    I know a lot of people that don't like using a holster with there phones, so most of the things that I mentioned aren't important to them. But since BlackBerry incorporated some of the holster features will the new Z10, couldn't they update the phone to work with the holster as it did in the past? If they did, that would be awesome! I can't be the only person to feel this way.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:50 AM
    I'm loving my Z10, and I've been a BlackBerry fanatic since my 7100i? My friends think I work for BlackBerry because I talk about it and promote it so much, lol. The new BlackBerry 10 OS is great, but I believe it's missing some of the key BlackBerry features that kept me devoted to it for so long.
    HARDCORE BLACKBERRY FEATURES THAT NO OTHER PLATFORMS CAN DO:
    - Setting the phone to automatically vibrate when its holstered and ring out of the case.
    - Whenever receiving a message while its holstered, after removing from holster, it would automatically display the message that was just received. (never even noticed how much I missed this until I started using the Z10.)
    - sound profile customizations (confusing for some people but when used properly, they were awesome)
    - Sinking phone to outlook, 2 way sinking (hopefully will be available soon)

These features maybe irrelevant to some people but they were important features that were part of my daily routine when using any of my older Blackberry cell phones, and I don?t understand why the new platform couldn't incorporate them.

Does anyone out there feel the same, or am I "The Last of the Mohicans"?

Posted via CB10
    I too have been a loyal BlackBerry user for years (started with a 7200) and have always had my devices fine tuned for my needs. So like you when I went to set up the Z10 it felt very lacking in options. The funny thing is that I have come to appreciate the new simplicity of BB10 and some of the features I previously thought essential I now don't even miss.

When 10.1 came along and gave us the possibility of adding different tones for different email accounts that was a big plus. And I have no doubt that if and when the ability to change vibration lengths and set different behaviours for when the device is in and out of the holster return I will use them. But they are not essential.

Bedside mode is another example of how I'd probably over-complicated my setup just because I could. I had the 9900 set up to turn off all connections and show the clock when it was charging. Brilliant. Each moring I'd take it off the dock and it would re-connect to the network and the messages from the night would come in. But, when I charged it during the day this became a fiddle as I had to manually opt out of Bedside mode. Now, I plug in and either pull down the blind to enter Bedside Mode or not depending on the time of day. So simple and effective.

And the data arrows I used to look at often. They're gone and I didn't even notice initially, so clearly they weren't as big a part of my BlackBerry experience as I thought.

Speed Dial's absence is a whole other thing though. I really miss that. But it's coming back it seems. Perhaps the same will be the case with other features some of us miss. I suspect it will.
    05-13-13 08:11 AM
    The answers as far as anyone can tell are:

BlackBerry ran out of time and had to get something released. Say in the case of custom profile settings.

And, some things were deemed as not having enough mass market appeal and thus were removed. But could be added later by say third party apps. (not BIS though)

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-13-13 12:11 PM