I was in preland for about a year and have recently reverted back to a Blackberry Bold on sprint. I think WebOs is awesome but Its got some growing to do. The hardware quality is a joke IMHO.

I forgot how productive a Blackberry is. Its OS is a bit mature but it simply works. And it does work well! It doesn't have the gaming or greatest web browsing, but it doesn't need to.

Its like my wife, she'll never win a beauty contest on this planet but she can carry a bale of hey and mend a fence. It simply works and you miss it when its gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 07:41 PM
    Its like my wife, she'll never win a beauty contest on this planet but she can carry a bale of hey and mend a fence. It simply works and you miss it when its gone.

Haha that's pretty brutal man. Hope your wife never cruises through here.
    01-22-11 07:44 PM
    know what you mean; love my incredible but will come back to BB sooner or later.
    01-22-11 08:46 PM
    Nothing even comes close to a BlackBerry! Every person I know who goes to the dark side always comes back.

Don't tell me you came back to a Curve 8330 though???
    01-22-11 09:38 PM
    Nothing even comes close to a BlackBerry! Every person I know who goes to the dark side always comes back.

Really? Everyone I know who switched has never been happier. There's really no BlackBerry that is out right now that I honestly have any desire for anymore. The Torch is slow, the Bold doesn't have a Touchscreen (while BBOS6 basically looks like a full touch OS), Storm series is dead, Curves are crap and Pearls don't have a full keyboard. Take a random Android phone or iPhone off the shelf and I'll gladly trade my Curve.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-22-11 09:51 PM

Most of the folks I know who left aren't looking to come back for any of the current batch of devices. Once the QNX powered OS hits, maybe that changes the game a bit.

I'm not opposed to going back once they step up their performance and QC.
    01-22-11 10:02 PM
    The Torch is slow,
    At doing what? It moves thru folders and calls apps as fast as my wife's ip4
    the Bold doesn't have a Touchscreen
    It doesn't need one. It does its job flawlessly with out one.
    while BBOS6 basically looks like a full touch OS), Storm series is dead, Curves are crap and Pearls don't have a full keyboard. Take a random Android phone or iPhone off the shelf and I'll gladly trade my Curve.
    Ill buy your curve. I think its time for you to buy a phone

Last edited by 13echo4; 01-22-11 at 11:13 PM.
    01-22-11 11:07 PM
    I came back to a Bold not the Curve. Ill update my info, sorry. I'm a few days into the switch now and I gotta be honest, I don't miss my Pre.

With quicklaunch and the dial from homescreen turned off I move around the phone quite easily. A touch screen would be awesome but not a deal killer for me. The keyboard, for me is so much better its worth the screen real estate trade off.

I had the Hero for 30 days and wasn't impressed. I had it rooted, ROMed and tweaked an hour out of the box. It was definitely a great gadget and tons of fun to mess with but not the work horse with great battery life the BB is. The ease of flashing ROMs is something I miss from Android. Not needing a computer is awesome. I wish my Bold was able to load a hybrid off the SD card.

01-23-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD