My phone has been showing that I have missed a call for the last two days and I have looked in all logs and there are no missed calls that I haven't addressed. It will clear once I go into the call log and go out and then minutes later the icon will reappear. Any idea how to clear this?
    10-06-08 02:33 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    10-06-08 02:40 PM
    The missed calls are being logged in the "message" folder. Check in there, and you have to open the notification to clear it.
    You can turn off call logging in the message folder if you wish.
    10-06-08 02:46 PM
    I have tried a battery pull several times and there is nothing in the "message" folders. Only thing I can think of doing is just turning the option off for awhile and then seeing if it will clear once I turn it back on.
    10-06-08 02:55 PM
    There should only be one message folder on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 02:59 PM
    Hmm. What theme/OS are you using???
    10-06-08 03:00 PM
    Well the feature is already turned off to log phone calls to messages. Maybe it's just my phone??? Just started happening.
    10-06-08 03:01 PM
    what does the icon look like? could it be a BBM or browser alert? Sounds like it could be something other than a missed call alert if you have opened all missed calls and turned off logging.
    10-06-08 03:09 PM
    what does the icon look like? could it be a BBM or browser alert? Sounds like it could be something other than a missed call alert if you have opened all missed calls and turned off logging.
    I have no doubt that the OP is indeed seeing the missed call icon. Which is why I asked what I did above... What theme/OS is the OP using. There are themes that are known to have indicators that become "stuck" on the homescreen, even though there are no missed calls or messages of any sort.
    10-06-08 03:11 PM
    I have no doubt that the OP is indeed seeing the missed call icon. Which is why I asked what I did above... What theme/OS is the OP using. There are themes that are known to have indicators that become "stuck" on the homescreen, even though there are no missed calls or messages of any sort.
    Excuse me... sorry
    Was just trying to help...

Will go sit in my corner now.
    10-06-08 03:13 PM
    Excuse me... sorry
    Was just trying to help...

Will go sit in my corner now.
    Um. I think perhaps you took my above post wrong.
    10-06-08 03:16 PM
    Sorry. I have been out. The OS is 4.2 and the theme is one of the choices that came with the phone. I haven't added any new themes. The icon is yellow and shows 1X and then a picture of a phone headset. I think that is missed call right?
    10-07-08 02:14 PM
    That is indeed the missed call icon. Furthermore, you shouldn't have any issues with stuck indicators on a stock theme, only certain third party themes have been known to have this problem. If you have done a battery pull and looked in every single possible folder and log in your phone in order to clear this call, it may be time to talk to your carrier, unfortunately.
    10-07-08 02:18 PM
    That is indeed the missed call icon. Furthermore, you shouldn't have any issues with stuck indicators on a stock theme, only certain third party themes have been known to have this problem. If you have done a battery pull and looked in every single possible folder and log in your phone in order to clear this call, it may be time to talk to your carrier, unfortunately.

Not what I wanted to hear. This would be the second phone I have returned. Not having much look with the BB's. I will just hang onto the phone since it really isn't that big of a deal although annoying.
    10-07-08 02:32 PM
    There has to be a way to remedy this.. Please give me some time to think it over thoroughly.
    10-07-08 02:34 PM
    There has to be a way to remedy this.. Please give me some time to think it over thoroughly.
    Take all the time you need. Funny thing is, I just pulled the battery again. Once it rebooted there were two missed calls in my log. I clicked on both of them and then deleted the calls from the log and the icon still appears. It's like the phone is in a loop. These calls didn't even appear as missed prior to the battery pull.

Update: I just deleted every call in my call log and it's still showing up.
    Last edited by justglfish123; 10-07-08 at 03:11 PM.
    10-07-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";