I recently got the dreaded "reload software 552". I eventually fixed the problem, but I want a way to trigger that error intentionally. What do I need to do to make that happen? I am going to give my BB to a relative (im going to a bold from an 8900), and in case it happens again, i want to be able to remember how to fix it on the spot without having to look for the answer.

Thanks.
    08-01-09 06:17 PM
    you could load a new OS and in the middle of the updating process pull the plug... But thats silly. If you fixed the problem, it shouldn't come up again and if it does, tell your relative to give you a call.

How exactly did you fix the problem? Did you reload the entire OS or something? Nuking a blackberry is actually very difficult so its not exactly a problem that will come up very often so you shouldnt be worried about it happening with your relative
    08-01-09 06:27 PM
    This sounds kinda fishy. With that been said the easiest way id to upgrade or downgrade the firmware and disconnect from the PC during say the COD loading phase.
    Last edited by Bajanbastard; 08-01-09 at 06:34 PM.
    08-01-09 06:30 PM
    you could load a new OS and in the middle of the updating process pull the plug... But thats silly. If you fixed the problem, it shouldn't come up again and if it does, tell your relative to give you a call.

How exactly did you fix the problem? Did you reload the entire OS or something? Nuking a blackberry is actually very difficult so its not exactly a problem that will come up very often so you shouldnt be worried about it happening with your relative
    Well, my BB had frozen, so i had to do a battery pull, and when it came back i got the reload software error.

This sounds kinda fishy. With that been said the easiest way id to upgrade or downgrade the firmware and disconnect from the PC during say the COD loading phase.

whats fishy about it?
    08-01-09 07:07 PM
    Disconnecting during the cod loading phase will give a 507 error. Sorry I have nothing else to contribute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD