Im sure this has been asked before but im looking for some more info

My wants are to sync my blackberry with my office computers emails, contacts and calender maybee tasks and notes too.

now for 1000+ dollars you can buy small business exchange server, does this require any other software on the computers at work

is there a cheaper way of doing it, microsoft small business server 2003 offers this i believe but i could not find solid info stating this and do i need aditional software on the blackberry to do this

I have 4 computers on vista with seperate microsoft outlook installed on them

i have 1 blackberry 8830 World Edition and going to buy another pearl tomorrow

i can dedicate one of the computers for use of the server if need be

i would like to change scheduling at the office or in the field and keep everybodies computer the same

any help would be great

cheers
    01-29-08 07:43 PM
    Refer to:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange

For setup refer to:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Microsoft Exchange: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Pre-Installation Guide

This can be installed on the same exchange serevr...

Very good for Small Business User. For 1 user it will cost you nothing.
    01-29-08 09:05 PM
    What you really need to do is consult with an IT professional in your area. I would not be looking to an online comunity to help manage a server environment when you (obviously) have no experience. No offence intended!

Microsoft Small Business Server does include Exchange, which is a requirement to use BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

If all you have at the moment is 4 PCs, and you want to share a calendar, I STRONGLY suggest waiting for "BlackBerry Unite!" It isn't released quite yet, but will likely accomplish most/all of your goals, without the requirement of a server platform or a corporate mail server. It will install right on the desktop computers.

My guess is that it will be available in 1-3 months.
    01-29-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD