I read this topic title and chocked on my coffee.
    10-10-09 05:39 AM
    the topic alone is quite stupid (no offense) RIM is unique in its own way.. and if microsoft buys RIM it will ruin the image and basically RIM would turn into another microsoft company... and blackberry would look like Windows mobile >_>
    10-10-09 05:52 AM
    Would you buy a Microsoft Blackberry?
    I chose BB because it ISN'T Microsoft.

I would hope BB doesn't sell out to MS; MS has their fingers in enough of the tech world. If they run out of competition, we're all going to be disappointed.
    10-10-09 01:05 PM
    I actually think RIM should go on the offensive against Microsoft. AND Apple.

RIM needs to turn there Desktop Manager into a Contact Manager / Email client much like Outlook.

RIM gets on the desktop, adding more featuresets to sell with its BES, It also allows it to dictate futher how to handle contact information, and integration with BBM on the desktop,

RIM has a solid OS, for the mobile phone, and a solid hardware platform, but they require users have a desktop solution for all the data they have on their Berry's if Rim controlled that solution, they would be on the offensive, if you can get a great e-mail handler with your BB why would you get ThunderBird or what ever?

BB could introduce Call reporting software into the phone and desktop manager, pitting it against Lotus Notes, and Outlook again, really playing heavy in the Enterprise market and making sure no one jumps ship for an apple or MS offering.

RIM Can stand on its own feet, they just need to do as apple did and expand in a complimenting area,
    Last edited by deRusett; 10-10-09 at 01:50 PM.
    10-10-09 01:47 PM
    Microsoft would just find a way to s c r e w things up.
    10-29-09 10:13 AM
    Would you buy a Microsoft Blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not in my lifetime. I'd have to consider leaving the best mobile devices on earth if MSoft gets RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:17 AM
    I would sell my Blackberry and get an iphone immediately.
    10-29-09 10:21 AM
    I never thought there would be any reason why I would want to get an iPhone. Apparently I was wrong. Heck no to an MS BB!
    10-29-09 11:49 AM
    I actually think RIM should go on the offensive against Microsoft. AND Apple.

RIM needs to turn there Desktop Manager into a Contact Manager / Email client much like Outlook.

RIM gets on the desktop, adding more featuresets to sell with its BES, It also allows it to dictate futher how to handle contact information, and integration with BBM on the desktop,

RIM has a solid OS, for the mobile phone, and a solid hardware platform, but they require users have a desktop solution for all the data they have on their Berry's if Rim controlled that solution, they would be on the offensive, if you can get a great e-mail handler with your BB why would you get ThunderBird or what ever?

BB could introduce Call reporting software into the phone and desktop manager, pitting it against Lotus Notes, and Outlook again, really playing heavy in the Enterprise market and making sure no one jumps ship for an apple or MS offering.

RIM Can stand on its own feet, they just need to do as apple did and expand in a complimenting area,
    Bad idea. It would mean re-inventing the wheel.

While it MAY be of value to the consumer, it is of no value in the Enterprise. Why would I deploy a mail client that is not fully functional with the Enterprise like Outlook/Exchange or Notes?

As for call reporting. I can extract a lot of that from my BES logs and from my carrier's bill.

Plus in the Enterprise, the vast majority of BB users do not have DM installed on their computers.
    10-29-09 12:11 PM
    it'll never happen for a few reasons but I really don't feel like typing. But that would take out one of their major mobile software competitor so if that happens then the RIM CEOs would be the biggest idiots in the history of idiocy.

but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

(thats like google buying RIM when they have android software imagine android on a blackberry.. now imagine WindowsMobile on a Blackberry.. I almost killed myself)
    10-29-09 12:29 PM
    I would have to hang myself.
    10-29-09 12:31 PM
    I'd go back to my NOKIA flip phone.
    Yeah, I would go back to my f***ing LG eNV
    10-29-09 12:32 PM
    No way. I saw first hand what happens when M$ buys companies. I'm a Sidekick user. M$ bought Danger, what, like a year & a half ago? It didn't take them long to COMPLETELY ruin the Sidekick. Danger alone didn't have a single problem w/ storing user information on their backend servers for YEARS until M$ completely blew it. I thought I'd be using Sidekicks for the rest of my life. After 3 years I know that OS like the back of my hand & I know all the lil shortcuts that makes every task a breeze. Now I'm considering jumping ship to a BB, but if M$ buys out RIM there's no chance in ****.
    10-29-09 01:45 PM
    Can you imagine WinMo on a blackberry! That would be the end of me and BBs lol... Total failure!

PS I doubt RIM would ever sell
    10-29-09 01:58 PM
    Thanks pantlesspenguin, you made the point I was going to make (although I've never been an SK user). Remember MSFT hasn't shown any particular skill at running a massive data center, the Danger/Sidekick disaster and the clusterfox that was their purchase of Hotmail proves that. IMHO a large part of the value that RIM brings to the world is the "backbone" that all blackberries run on. If MSFT got their hands on that it woudln't take them long to totally frell it up.

Remember: Microsoft is not the answer, Microsoft is the question, the answer is "As little as possible"
    10-29-09 02:31 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD