I currently have an 8800 and am looking at getting a 9000 very soon. My question covers speed classes (e.g.: Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, etc.) that are required by BB devices.

I tried finding this on the RIM web site, with no success. As well, the SanDisk web site shows two different models of 8Gb micro SDHC cards. One of them is spec'd as Class 4, while the other one, (the "Ultra" series) which SanDisk says is appropriate for mobile devices, does not show a Class number or any actual speed-related figures.

Can anyone please clarify this for me? I'm looking to get memory as fast-performing as possible for my BB, without paying $$$ to get something that the BB will not make use of.

Thanks!
    07-11-08 04:55 PM
    I got the 8Gb microSD card (not the Ultra) for $40 and it is amazing!! (Amazon... by the way )

I cannot notice any speed issues at all... and anything you notice in the performance of your Berry will be insignificant! The only very slight difference you may come across is when transferring or loading files from your PC. But I have not tried or tested both side by side (let alone use the Ultra!)

My SanDisk 8Gb microSD treats me well...
    07-11-08 04:58 PM
    I have never seen any PDA with a fast card slot, so the speed of the card doesn't usually matter. In a good digital camera it will make a huge difference.
    07-12-08 10:48 AM
    Here's a good reference to microSD and microSDHC by Pete6: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/
    07-12-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD