I have a storm 9530 and I took the 8GB Micro SD card out without turning the phone off. Now it shows up as blank, the phone does not recognize it exsits and when I plug it into my pc with a USB adapter it does not recognize it either.

Is there any saving this as I would rather not loose the photos etc I had on it.

Thanks
    12-20-11 12:22 PM
    Have you tried putting the card directly into the card reader on your PC?
    12-20-11 12:26 PM
    There are a ton of image recovery applications out there that might be able to help you recover your lost pics. Here is just one...

MjM Photo Recovery Freeware download and reviews from SnapFiles
    12-20-11 12:30 PM
    Have you tried messing with the mass storage mode settings?
    12-20-11 01:13 PM
    Depends on if the card is screwed. If nothing sees the card then its a keychain scraper.
    If you can see the card I can walk you true how to get the data back.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 13echo4; 12-20-11 at 03:08 PM.
    12-20-11 03:03 PM
    The only action I treid was plugging it into a USB reader and that showed the device as a drive on the PC but that was all. I do not know if that means the cared showed up or not.
    12-21-11 09:03 PM
    That worked sweet, I just got this new PC from work and it has an SD card reader slot. This is the first time I ever used the slot. I just plugged it in using an adapter and bang, there was all my photos and data like no big deal. So I quickly copied it all to my hard drive and I am happy as can be.

You guys are great.
    12-21-11 09:37 PM
    That worked sweet, I just got this new PC from work and it has an SD card reader slot. This is the first time I ever used the slot. I just plugged it in using an adapter and bang, there was all my photos and data like no big deal. So I quickly copied it all to my hard drive and I am happy as can be.

You guys are great.
    I've had similar issues on other phones. If you copied the entire folder structure of the card, you may have even more good luck. You should be able to reformat the card, then copy the folders and files back onto it. Multiple versions of WM and Android recognized the result for me. Since the card is "toast" when put in the phone "as is", it's worth a try. IIRC, you want 32 bit formatting.
    12-21-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD