how do I go about switching off blackberry messenger?
    05-22-09 08:45 AM
    You want to turn off the BBM? Just delete all your contacts and no one will pin you. You can delete the BBM off your BB, but I dont know what exactly you are wanting.
    05-22-09 08:48 AM
    It can't be turned off. You can put your status to unavailable though so people on your list may know that you're not up for a chat.
    05-22-09 08:50 AM
    Yeah I don't know if you want to delete all of your contacts unless you want to delete the app altogether. You will probably just want to switch your status to unavailable. Now if you really want to dele the app go to options>advanced options>applications>highlight BBM>menu>delete. This will delete the app from the handheld. If you do this don't forget to reset the device afterwards...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 08:55 AM
    i just want to run the app when i want it to. now it is always running
    05-22-09 08:59 AM
    It is gonna always run bc it is one of the 5 default apps. Browser. Home Screen, Call Log, BBM, and Messages folder will always run in background...

05-22-09 09:04 AM
    I've always wondered that as well, but I guess the only thing you can do is just change ur status to unavailable.
    05-22-09 09:48 AM
    Change your status to unavailable and set "My Status" to "I have BBM turned off." Maybe they won't message you. Just really no way of signing out of it.

05-22-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD