Messaging in three different languages, BB10 the only one?
Can any other phone vendor compose a message in English, French and Spanish in the same body "natively"? Also can they do this accurately without spelling mistakes? We all know some have trouble getting English right.
This will no doubt be a huge plus for people who converse in these languages. Is BB10 able to select any three languages for messaging?
- 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM #9
- 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM #10
Re: Messaging in three different languages, BB10 the only one?
I can easily do this on my SG3 as well. One message, multiple languages. Switching languages is done by holding the space bar down and scrolling to the desired language.
uploadfromtaptalk1358540587385.jpgSent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- CrackBerry Addict
01-18-2013, 02:27 PM #11
- 980 Posts
I think the whole idea is that BB10 will automatically detect and adjust when you switch languages. Granted, this will only work with languages that use the same typography, but a whole range of languages uses the same Latin alphabet (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm no language scholar) as English. As far as I'm aware, no other OS can do this, although they still support switching languages, but will not do it for you automatically.Proud owner of black Z10 (10.1.0.1880 leak) on Telus, PlayBook 32GB (22.214.171.1246), and 100 shares of BBRY!
- 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM #14
correct i just long press the space bar and select a different one. It is different from BB10 which will switch to another language when typing. BUT im not sure how quickly BB10 will pick up on the difference on some languages either. From the demos it looks pretty quick.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
01-18-2013, 02:44 PM #15
- 10,438 Posts
- 01-18-2013, 02:59 PM #17Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- 01-18-2013, 03:20 PM #18
I just tested this using SwiftKey, the engine that drives the BB10 keyboard. You can indeed start typing in different languages without switching keyboards as long as you have the language pack downloaded. I started typing a few words in English then switched to Spanish. After the first Spanish word, the predicted words were in Spanish as well. Switched back to typing in English, and then the predicted words were back to English.I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them. - Andy Bernard
- 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM #20
- 01-18-2013, 04:08 PM #21It's TweetMail time Craig! - Geoffrey Peterson
- 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM #24I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them. - Andy Bernard
- 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM #25
Google and Nexus seem to have lost this one!! Blackberry's language input is appearing to be superior.Phones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 > Bold 9900 >Z10 > Aristo
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB + Playbook 16GB > ???
- By leicashot in forum BlackBerry Bold 9790Replies: 33Last Post: 05-11-2013, 11:15 AM
- By RedxD in forum BB 10 Developers HangoutReplies: 23Last Post: 12-13-2012, 07:45 AM
- By Malachi73 in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 5Last Post: 10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
- By Malachi73 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
- By kilofox in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 19Last Post: 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM