Having been one of the first BB users over here in Italy--i dropped out for various reasons the last 3 years.
    am back now with a basic BB curve 8520----which is absolutely fine for what i need. A couple of quick questions..
    I use GMAIL. I've downloaded the 'enhanced gmail for blackberry' and getting emails fine--i've even managed to create a filter stopping emails sent from my handheld coming back to the inbox.
    On to the questions---- is it possible to access Gmail address book when composing messages using this 'enhanced gmail for blackberry'? or can you only use contacts in the BB address book? (or type them in manually)
    I did download Gmails app. for blackberry and it does access the address book---however this isn't 'push' email....but it does let you work 'offline' with GMAIL etc.
    The other question i have is related to the 'messages' folder ...even though i have a separate folder for my gmail account with the 'enhanced gmail for blackberry'... i also get all the gmail messages into this general 'message' folder. ...which ..it seems is quite redundant.
    Any advice for managing this would be much appreciated. Many thanks
    11-08-09 10:12 AM
    1) get google sync(google it) it will sync your contacts between gmail and your device.. that way, you will have all of your contacts in both places(phone and computer).

2)it is quite redundant, but that is the way it is. the message folder is a catch-all folder, so every message you get will go into it. there is no getting around this.
    11-08-09 10:34 AM
    Does 'google sync' put them into the 'contacts/address' book... or is this a sync only related to gmail?
    Thanks for clarifying the 'messages' question... at least i know theres nothing that can be done about it.
    11-08-09 11:24 AM
    1) get google sync(google it) it will sync your contacts between gmail and your device.. that way, you will have all of your contacts in both places(phone and computer).

2)it is quite redundant, but that is the way it is. the message folder is a catch-all folder, so every message you get will go into it. there is no getting around this.
    OS 5 gives you the option to choose what you want displayed in the inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:30 PM
    OS 5 gives you the option to choose what you want displayed in the inbox.

Where would that setting be? I have OS 5 and I have no such option.

11-09-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD