I've got a Bold (9650) and I'm new to Blackberry (I had a Curve for a long time but that was a few years ago, so it's been awhile), and I am really miffed by this folder that my Gmail goes to versus the general Messages folder... is there a way to get rid of the messages folder? Everything goes into that folder and all the notifications are getting annoying... I just want my Gmail to go to the folder it's supposed to (as opposed to both), and I don't want all my FB notifications, BBMs, etc to go in the generic Messages folder... Basically I just don't want the folder. But, if there is some way to get rid of it, then were to my missed calls go?

Thanks!
    01-04-11 05:04 PM
    Try going to your message folder and go to options>Inbox Settings-check your email accounts and uncheck Other Message Types. As far as Facebook you need to go to FB options and uncheck BlackBerry Message Application. Same with
    BBM, BBM>Options> Uncheck- Show Chats in Messages Application. Or to hide the folder just highlight it, hit the menu button and select hide. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bgriff25; 01-04-11 at 05:35 PM.
    01-04-11 05:29 PM
    Your missed calls will go to the call log.

For each of the apps you listed (BBM, Facebook, etc) under options there should be
    something to the effect of "Show Notifications in Messages Folder." Turn that off
    and they will not go to the "catch-all" folder.

The actual folder can be hidden (scroll to the icon, press menu and select hide)
    but it cannot be deleted.
    01-04-11 05:33 PM
    I've got a Bold (9650) and I'm new to Blackberry (I had a Curve for a long time but that was a few years ago, so it's been awhile), and I am really miffed by this folder that my Gmail goes to versus the general Messages folder... is there a way to get rid of the messages folder? Everything goes into that folder and all the notifications are getting annoying... I just want my Gmail to go to the folder it's supposed to (as opposed to both), and I don't want all my FB notifications, BBMs, etc to go in the generic Messages folder... Basically I just don't want the folder. But, if there is some way to get rid of it, then were to my missed calls go?

Thanks!
    You are always going to have gmail go to both your email inbox and the messages folder but if you do as the other 2 posters suggested you will at least only see your email in the gmail folder.

You can never delete that message folder because it is a part of the Rim OS that has certain advantages to the way they designed it and if you don't want to hide it you can at least do what the others suggested and turn off all the other notifications but you will still see your missed calls in this folder as well as the call log.
    01-04-11 06:57 PM
    On OS5, once you check it in the respective client, then it will also disappear from the Messages Catch-All. The Catch-All is useful, as it acts much like Social Feeds does on OS6. It collaborates your communications together in one place, and hubs out to the application required once you click on an item in there (conversation if it's MSN/BBM, in the respective MSN/BBM application, notification if it's FB/MySpace, to the email if it's an email, etc etc). I don't use it myself, but I can understand its uses.

It doesn't trigger off a second sound/vibration notification, so hide it if you like
    01-04-11 07:09 PM
    I use the Messages folder for all e-mail, but keep everything else separate; BBM, SMS, and SocialScope (Twitter and FB). I actually hide all my account-specific icons in a folder. Play around with the settings and you'll get everything the way you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 09:10 PM
    Updating from 5 to 6 right now thanks for the info everyone!!!
    01-05-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD